Currie CE-9120TJS Install question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Currie CE-9120TJS Install question

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 07-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
roundlitefan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Currie CE-9120TJS Install question

Hi all,

I am finishing up my Currie 4" lift this weekend, and have a question about the front trackbar install.

The TJS didn't come with instructions and Currie has none on their website.

It is pretty straight forward, you drill the frame end out to 5/8" and install the new Trackbar. My question is where should I put the grade 8 washer?

It could go on the bottom of the joint, between the hex head and the small side of the JJ, or it could go on the top after the bolt comes through the frame mount.

I am sure it is not vital, just wondering if someone that has installed it got instructions with theirs.

roundlitefan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

It goes on top, and that's according to the install instructions for the front ATB. Just FYI, Currie will email you PDFs of any install instructions they have.

"Confidence is that feeling you have before you fully understand the situation."
AZJeepNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJeepNewbie View Post
It goes on top, and that's according to the install instructions for the front ATB. Just FYI, Currie will email you PDFs of any install instructions they have.
Nope. You're not supposed to use the washer, they told me it's the same as the CE9120. It's only used for XJs & ZJs.

Instructions for Currie stuff here: http://www.currieenterprises.com/ins...ets/index.html
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/

Last edited by RubiconRazorbac; 07-05-2010 at 01:07 PM..
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #4
_N8_
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Agreed, it goes on top.

I got non-TJS instructions with mine and emailed them asking if they could correct this for the future as I had to make another trip to the hardware store for a 5/8 bit...I guess they didn't yet.
| 03 TJ Rubi | Stock locked D44's | OME 4" springs | RE Super-Flex arms | 1.25" BL | 35" MTZ's on Rock Crawlers | Currie HD tracbar | Custom engine/tranny skid | Skid Row steering box skid | Pro-Comp front bumper | TG rear tire carrier bumper | 8,000lb CE winch | Hard & soft tops | Full & half doors |
[/size]
_N8_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconRazorbac View Post
Nope. You're not supposed to use the washer, they told me it's the same as the CE9120. It's only used for XJs & ZJs.[/URL]
Well, that's interesting. I somehow ended up with two different instruction sheets for the track bar. One of them is longer and more detailed, and it says nothing about leaving out the washer on the TJ. The other instruction sheet is shorter and looks like it was made in a hurry, and that one says to leave it out on the TJ, as you said. Plus the one on their website says to leave it out. I think I'll call them for clarification and take mine out if necessary.

"Confidence is that feeling you have before you fully understand the situation."
Unread 07-05-2010, 02:01 PM   #6
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Actually, hold the phone here. The instructions on their site that say to leave off the flat washer are for a TB with a 9/16" bolt on the frame side drop bracket. Those instructions also do not have a part number for the ATB. The longer and more detailed instructions I have are specifically for the CE-9120TJJ and CE-9120TJS with a 5/8" bolt. And those instructions say to use the washer.

So it looks like the procedures are different depending on whether you have the 5/8" or 9/16" bolt. Which do you have, RubiconRazorbac?

Unread 07-05-2010, 02:47 PM   #7
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

That's why I called them when the thing first came out to see if the instructions were the same since there were none for the new 5/8" HD model. The guy told me they were the same instructions. I ended up keeping the 9/16" version. At the time, I was about to order the 5/8" but decided against since I had the earlier one & have no probs.

Anyway, that's where the info on the washer came from. If it's changed since, good to know and I stand corrected
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2010, 03:00 PM   #8
roundlitefan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys!
roundlitefan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #9
Marshalltx

post removed.
Marshalltx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2010, 01:53 AM   #10
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJeepNewbie View Post
Actually, hold the phone here. The instructions on their site that say to leave off the flat washer are for a TB with a 9/16" bolt on the frame side drop bracket. Those instructions also do not have a part number for the ATB. The longer and more detailed instructions I have are specifically for the CE-9120TJJ and CE-9120TJS with a 5/8" bolt. And those instructions say to use the washer.

So it looks like the procedures are different depending on whether you have the 5/8" or 9/16" bolt. Which do you have, RubiconRazorbac?
The 9/16" version is/was the JKS track bar Currie sells with a currie part# that also has a conical sleave that fills the remainder of the taper the 9/16" bit doesn't drill out.
if the washer fits the grove I use it, if not, it'll bend up into a taco shape and come loose on you later.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
currie , track bar , trac bar , install , installation , advice help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.