JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   Currie Anti-Rock or discos on stock TJ? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/currie-anti-rock-discos-stock-tj-192401/)

BloodThirsty 02-08-2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford (Post 28206849)
X2, though I moved mine from that second-loosest setting to the loosest setting years ago. Even with my Antirock at its loosest setting, my TJ handles fine for me driving through the tight twisty mountain roads towing my tent trailer. The probable reason being that I'm running good shocks with a lot of control (OME NItrochargers) and those who complain are probably running a soft shock.

Jerry, I'm on the mobile app but is yours stock height?

This is just something I'm contemplating since my stock links are about to go. I have AR on my trail rig but this one I'm taking about is my dd that I just bought a couple weeks ago. No real reason for it as this one won't see any trails besides the occasional camping and fishing trip. But I just want to spend my money once. Ya know..

Jerry Bransford 02-08-2015 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodThirsty (Post 28207001)

4" suspension and 1" body lift.

BloodThirsty 02-08-2015 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford (Post 28207193)
4" suspension and 1" body lift.

Yeah, I like my ar on my lifted rig. Hard to know how a stock ride would be effected.

MurdaJs 02-08-2015 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodThirsty (Post 28206553)
That was posted six years ago. From my understanding lots of people jumped off the sway lock bandwagon.

I thought the jump off was because of the company that produced it sucking in many ways (ripping off the creator, cutting corners in production, etc) not the dual rate sway bar itself

Jerry Bransford 02-08-2015 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodThirsty (Post 28207273)
Yeah, I like my ar on my lifted rig. Hard to know how a stock ride would be affected.

Less than a TJ with a 4" lift and 1" body lift would be. :)

jjvw 02-08-2015 09:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I've been daily driving an AR with 2" of lift and the old OME Nitrochargers for over 9 months. The Jeeps certainly moves around more than with the stock sway bar, but I don't consider it a problem.

26679cj5 02-08-2015 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford (Post 28206849)
X2, though I moved mine from that second-loosest setting to the loosest setting years ago. Even with my Antirock at its loosest setting, my TJ handles fine for me driving through the tight twisty mountain roads towing my tent trailer. The probable reason being that I'm running good shocks with a lot of control (OME NItrochargers) and those who complain are probably running a soft shock.

Yes, I'm running Skyjacker M95 monotubes. They are on the stiffer side.

3X4X4 02-08-2015 10:09 PM

I am not telling you to get the Terraflex Dual rate anti-sway but my PO gifted my Jeep with one. Now, after some teething issues, mostly due to the PO being an XXXXXXXX, it is fully functional, quiet and on road in the Street mode my Jeep corners FLAT and off road in the Trail mode it allows great flex (being a non professional at this stuff opinion). This has me convinced that when and if I replace it, I will want the Swayloc Dual Rate so I can be Jeep PC correct and still have the dual rate, which I really, really like.

steamnsteel 02-09-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodThirsty (Post 28207001)

This is just something I'm contemplating since my stock links are about to go. I have AR on my trail rig but this one I'm taking about is my dd that I just bought a couple weeks ago. No real reason for it as this one won't see any trails besides the occasional camping and fishing trip. But I just want to spend my money once. Ya know..

I ran mine at stock height with the AR for a while with no issues, when doing the set up be careful of the AR arms and fender clearance. The threaded links will have to be shortened and rethreaded so that the AR can be adjusted properly, new threaded rod can be ordered from Currie that will be shorter or at least you could a few years ago. There is a thread on this somewhere on here.

BloodThirsty 02-09-2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steamnsteel (Post 28218337)
I ran mine at stock height with the AR for a while with no issues, when doing the set up be careful of the AR arms and fender clearance. The threaded links will have to be shortened and rethreaded so that the AR can be adjusted properly, new threaded rod can be ordered from Currie that will be shorter or at least you could a few years ago. There is a thread on this somewhere on here.

How did it feel on road and what setting did you have it on? Any issues with the inner fenders? My Metal Cloaks had to be shoved back out of the way a bit to prevent rubbing.

IslandTJ 02-09-2015 01:30 PM

As much I am a fan for an off-road purposed anti-sway bar; for the type of trails that is doable for a stock TJ, I would recommend disconnects.

joe_jeep 02-09-2015 01:56 PM

I want an antirock bad, cause im lazy, and hate getting out to disconnect or reconnect.
But I am also cheap, and had a set of of new jks quicker discos, so they went on my jeep.
I just missed a used antirock on ebay for $160. My last second bid was a second too late.

steamnsteel 02-09-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodThirsty (Post 28219177)
How did it feel on road and what setting did you have it on? Any issues with the inner fenders? My Metal Cloaks had to be shoved back out of the way a bit to prevent rubbing.

Mine drove just fine on the road but then I am not a speed demon either. I had it set on the hole for the most loose setting, this would be the one at the end of the arm. The greatest thing about the AR is that it balances the articulation, I can feel what is going on with my suspension to the extent that I can tell which tire is where on what ever object is on the ground.

When I was still on stock springs I was running the 1 1/4 inch body lift so this helped with fender clearance.

Stock springs feel a little mushy but not like if you were running disco'ed. Glide into your turns and the springs will set when the weight transfer occurs and drive it out of the turn, good shocks also help in this weight transition. There will be a very noticed difference in the corner rocking of the opposing wheels, thus the name Anti Rock. There is my commercial and your mileage may vary.

artyup 02-23-2015 06:52 PM

After reading this from the beginning I'm not sure if doing anything to my stock 06 is worth it. How much does the ride improve with disconnects? I do a lot of Az. fire roads and old skid roads some rough and steep but not rock crawling exactly and if I could improve the off road ride significantly for a modest some I would do it so any suggestions appreciated.

MurdaJs 02-23-2015 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artyup (Post 28509889)
After reading this from the beginning I'm not sure if doing anything to my stock 06 is worth it. How much does the ride improve with disconnects? I do a lot of Az. fire roads and old skid roads some rough and steep but not rock crawling exactly and if I could improve the off road ride significantly for a modest some I would do it so any suggestions appreciated.

If all you're doing is washboard fire roads (like the 504) disconnecting the front swaybar will smooth out the ride some, at the expense of body roll.

The time now is 01:09 AM.