currie 4" lift and tt, what should I be aware of - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > currie 4" lift and tt, what should I be aware of

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-04-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
bhall687
2005 LJ Wrangler 

currie 4" lift and tt, what should I be aware of

Hello all,
I have been trying to figure out my build for sometime now, and have come to the conclusion that the currie lift is the way I want to go as it seems to be quality with very few drawbacks if any. So, if I do the currie lift, will I have any problems with furthering my build of a TT. I beleive that I will have to then do a BL with a MML, but think I am fine with that. I have read about a skid without the requirements of a BL and MML, but can anyone tell me anything else that I should think of down the road on my build that I may be overlooking with the currie short arm lift that will require me to go with something other than the currie. Thanks.

Currie 4" lift that is.

bhall687 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2010, 11:49 PM   #2
Matt L
1998 TJ Wrangler 

make sure you get their longer control arms for the t.t. I think there is a thread about this somewhere.
Matt L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2010, 11:52 PM   #3
bhall687
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I must not have searched the right words, but at somepoint I remember hearing that there was an issue with them and they weren't that much longer than the stock arms. Do you have options of the length of the adjustable arms. I am a newbie for sure and appreciate any help anyone can give.
bhall687 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2010, 09:25 AM   #4
Kiwi
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
make sure you get their longer control arms for the t.t. I think there is a thread about this somewhere.
Running 4" Currie lift, with Nth Belly skid and have no problems with the standard length control arms that come with the kit. Set it up correctly and it's fine.
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #5
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhall687 View Post
I must not have searched the right words, but at somepoint I remember hearing that there was an issue with them and they weren't that much longer than the stock arms. Do you have options of the length of the adjustable arms. I am a newbie for sure and appreciate any help anyone can give.

The Currie arms are fine. Most people try to make them longer to center the wheel in the wheel well. The arms are designed so that the wheel will be centered in the well at full stuff, right where it should be.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #6
BSaint
2005 TJ Wrangler 

just know the currie lift is AWESOME! i installed mine last weekend. I love the ride. no flex pictures yet cuz i still need to put in my extended break lines before i go flexing :P I plan to do a TT in the future along with regearing, tube fenders, possibly dana60s and 37s

BSaint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #7
J03_TJ
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

You most likely will need to do something about your rear shocks too, when you adjust your rear pinion for a TT. The shock bodies tend to hit the lower spring perches. You can flip your shocks, buy extensions, have new mounts welded on your axle, grind some clearance in your perches or do a shock outboard fab job to address this. Also, your rear trackbar mount might have to be upgraded to one for the pinion adjustment when you twist the axle. Oh yeah, I ended up needing longer than normal upper arm length when putting in my rear adjustable upper control arms.
J03_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2010, 01:17 PM   #8
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

I put the currie 4 inch kit on the unlimited, you will love it. It flexed really well right out of the box. The control arms are the correct length, the problem people have is when they try to center the wheels at ride height. This makes the rear tire hit the rear of the wheel opening before it bottoms out. here is mine with a 1.25 bl added.

I did buy a double cardan rear driveshaft, i didnt really need it, but i felt it would be a good investment since my u joints werent all that great in my factory driveshaft. I am pretty sure ill need it once i get a TT.
imag0013.jpg   imag0007.jpg   imag0006.jpg  

Want to STOP?

Edited

Last edited by lumpster; 06-05-2010 at 02:19 PM..
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #9
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSaint View Post
a rubi with half doors, nice. dont see that every day.

i have nothing to add because i have hockey pucks between my frame and TT skid. my Tcase is in the stock location just because i dont have a SYE, and wanted to get rid of the shovel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.