JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   Criticize my build plans (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/criticize-my-build-plans-1079333/)

t18jones 07-29-2010 09:58 PM

Criticize my build plans

Criticize my build plans

Back ground: started off with a 4cyl 97’ with a 3 inch lift and 33x14.5 boggers ( lived in Texas at the time, and found this was one of the best setups for mud and packed sand) drove the wheels off that jeep until I moved back to PA.

Once I got back bought a cj for a budget build, swapped some axles welded some spyder gears and rolled it a few times and sold it.

In fall of 09 began searching for a TJ looking for one with reasonable miles preferably a little older, well as it turned out I found a 2006 Rubicon with only 13000 on it for a reasonable deal. Bought the jeep a few days later, and then wheeled it for a while to get the feel for it. Bought a few small things and a winch to get me out of trouble then destroyed short side front axle shaft. Now with some savings built up from the extra summer work im ready to start really going at it.

Wheel old logging trails daily around my house and use the jeep for some small farm chores including some high speed field runs. Weekends bring rocks and a trip out west is in the works, along with maybe moving out there.

2006 Rubicon

Done so far-
Rcv front shafts and cv joints
Rokman bumper
Superwinch epi9s
Locker override
Roughstuff diff covers
Superior axle seals
Aux lights
Oil pan skid

Plans-
Full traction 4inch longarm
Blistin 5150 shocks
Metalcloak fenders ( still torn on arched or overline)
VANCO big brake kit
Currie Currectlync (like crossover steering but cost to much to justify it)
Superior rear shafts?
5.13 gears
Drive shaft….. tom woods ?
AEV beadlocks
37x12.50x17 rockers or mt/r kevlar (have had chunking issues with old style mt/r s but think that’s mostly to rocky conditions)
Savvy sliders
Genright rear stinger tire carrier

That’s whats in the works for now, focusing on drive train steering and brakes first, followed by some more armor.

Looking for constructive criticism of this set up thanks
:wave:

kyle_craig 07-29-2010 10:01 PM

Looks like one heck of a build! I'm looking forward to watching the progress.

crusher242 07-30-2010 06:56 AM

Can't critique it Looks like a solid plan. Wish I could plan like that. I just throw parts around until something sticks.

Sundowner 07-30-2010 07:31 AM

You're all over the same build plans that I have, currently. So, naturally, I like it. Not sure you'll need 4" of lift to clear the 37's with MetalCloaks, though. :D

t18jones 07-30-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundowner (Post 9876405)
You're all over the same build plans that I have, currently. So, naturally, I like it. Not sure you'll need 4" of lift to clear the 37's with MetalCloaks, though. :D

do you have a link to your buid? and i think 4 inches is a little to much, but from what i have seen the full traction kit is pretty good, and my welding skills are not up to suspension quality yet. I guess its time to start my own build thread now ::rofl:

The time now is 11:40 AM.