Crazy Lifts I want one and need feed back - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Crazy Lifts I want one and need feed back

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 04-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
XJ Rocker
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Crazy Lifts I want one and need feed back

Here goes i got 6,000 bucks is the most ill pay for the lift and i have it down to 3 kits and i want the sickest amount of flex i can get. I'm looking for 1100's on the RTI ramp. The three that i have been looking at real hard are teraflex LCG Max 5" kit, Rubicon 5.5" LA, and Fabtech High clearance crawler kit 6".

Im up for suggestions if you know of anything better but as of now these are the best ive seen and as i build up my new 06 ruby price is an option that i'm willing to over look. I just finished my XJ and now i got the fever for something insane.

Thanks again
JB

1992 XJ Laredo
Installed:
Rubicon Express 5.5" Long arm lift | Diamond plate trunk and lift gate | Herculined Floors | Wilderness Rack | JFAB hi-lift mount | JFAB tire Carrier | Uniden Bear Cat CB w/ firestick | 33x12.50 R15 | AWC 15x8 Steelies | Rugged Ridge 1.25 wheel spacers. |JCROffroad front pre-runner bumper |JCRoffroad Rear stage 2 bumper.

2006 TJ Rubicon
Stock (for now)

Check Out United Aggression Offroad Associates At [url]http://unitedaggressionjeepdivision.freeforums.org/general-tech-f3.html[/url]
XJ Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 10:11 PM   #2
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

if you've got 6k and want flex, go with Clayton Off-Road or TnT Customs.

www.claytonoffroad.com

www.tntcustoms.com

both sell very good triangulated kits, and you won't be able to beat the flex. you'll have the sickest rig around, with the highest quality parts
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 10:39 PM   #3
chappy84
2004 TJ Wrangler 

walker even's coil overs, t&t customs LA, john curry anti rock front and rear, hydrolic stearing and donate some $ to me.
Unread 04-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #4
Brice014
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have to agree with Unlimited, if you want disgusting flex then go with Clayton. I have never seen nor heard from anyone who wasn't overly satisfied with the kit.

-Brice
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchevyman24
ahhhh....finally 35's...but can't we all dream of 42" TSL's???? Body Cutting, Tube Fenders, Wheelbase Lengthening, 14 Bolts, Dana60s and Detroit Lockers...dreaming is nice, isn't it??????
Maybe one day...
Brice014 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 10:59 PM   #5
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

another option is gen-right. www.gen-right.com they make sick coil-over long arm kits.
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:01 PM   #6
Greg_Volkman
1998 TJ Wrangler 

TNT Customs, but sheese man....6K on a lift? I think my 5.5 RE LA cost me $2500 with SYE and shaft.
Greg_Volkman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:29 PM   #7
morningwood1429
2002 TJ Wrangler 

sounds like somebody hit the lotto, but im gonna need some kickback to keep it quiet
morningwood1429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:32 PM   #8
quiksilverj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.gocms.com/

crazy lift with probably a crazy price tag
quiksilverj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2008, 12:00 AM   #9
Dragon158
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksilverj View Post
http://www.gocms.com/

crazy lift with probably a crazy price tag
That is crazy, but cool too! They state that a retro fit kit for a YJ starts at 60K.
Dragon158 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2008, 10:11 AM   #10
XJ Rocker
1992 XJ Cherokee 

ok gocms is .... insane and i dont have that kind of money. But i have added the T&T customs LA kit to my list of possibilities and as for clayton. There website is so horrible that i cant even find anything remotely useful on it. Does any one run the TNT customs LA on there jeeps.

1992 XJ Laredo
Installed:
Rubicon Express 5.5" Long arm lift | Diamond plate trunk and lift gate | Herculined Floors | Wilderness Rack | JFAB hi-lift mount | JFAB tire Carrier | Uniden Bear Cat CB w/ firestick | 33x12.50 R15 | AWC 15x8 Steelies | Rugged Ridge 1.25 wheel spacers. |JCROffroad front pre-runner bumper |JCRoffroad Rear stage 2 bumper.

2006 TJ Rubicon
Stock (for now)

Check Out United Aggression Offroad Associates At [url]http://unitedaggressionjeepdivision.freeforums.org/general-tech-f3.html[/url]
Unread 04-29-2008, 10:26 AM   #11
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ Rocker View Post
ok gocms is .... insane and i dont have that kind of money. But i have added the T&T customs LA kit to my list of possibilities and as for clayton. There website is so horrible that i cant even find anything remotely useful on it. Does any one run the TNT customs LA on there jeeps.
what do you want, a good website or a good lift kit? Clayton has plenty of pics and info regarding TJs. Are you not finding it or what?

Personally I think the best quality lift kits are in this order:
1. Clayton Off-road (lifetime warranty against breakage)
2. T&T Customs (LCG approach)
3. Gen-Right
4. Rubicon Express

The best systems are engineered - not marketed, so their websites may not be super fancy, and they might not have glossy catalogs, but give them a call and they can tell you very detailed info.

You might look into AiRock springs too. www.offroadonly.com. You could run any long arm kit of your choice, add AiRock springs and have one heck of a capable rig.
Unread 04-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #12
XJ Rocker
1992 XJ Cherokee 

after looking at TNT customs i decided that i dont like the Y link in the front. So Far I think the teraflex LCG Max Is the way to go.

1992 XJ Laredo
Installed:

2006 TJ Rubicon
Stock (for now)

Unread 04-29-2008, 12:35 PM   #13
1CleanTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

ive always liked the rockkrawler
5.5 X FACTOR PLUS LONG ARM SYSTEM
http://www.rockkrawler.com/

but havent seen to much real world reviews on them besides the great reviews in magazines There kit combined with a nice set of coil overs seem like a good combo
1CleanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2008, 12:58 PM   #14
muddin' mexi
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm rockin' an LCG and recommend it to all that ask. It hasn't let me down yet and suits my needs well. Easy install too.
Unread 04-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #15
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Coilover is the way to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh45CBDc5iw

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.