crank position sensor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > crank position sensor

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 11-17-2006, 04:44 AM   #1
mopl91

crank position sensor

Where exactly is the CPS located and how much of a pain is it to get out on a 97 Wrangler 4cyl?

mopl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2006, 07:10 AM   #2
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I've never looked on a 4 cylinder before, but I would guess its in the same spot that it is on all other Jeep models.

Look around the transmission bellhousing. Its usually on the driver side in about the 1-2 o'clock position.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2006, 07:28 AM   #3
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopl91
Where exactly is the CPS located and how much of a pain is it to get out on a 97 Wrangler 4cyl?
had this in my gallery from a previous question...probably from the I6, but like the previous answer, your's ought to be in a similar position:

fairly easily reached laying under the driver's side behind the front wheel...

Greg
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.