CPS help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > CPS help

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
Supertayt

CPS help

I need help Jeepers, so here's the deal. My connector joining my CPS to to my main harness was left loosy goosy by a mechanic and laid on my engine. Needless to say, all the plastic melted and shorted the wires. I took it to a mechanic to fix it and he just cut and spliced the wires together. I am now attempting to fix it correctly but I am having a hard time finding a wiring diagram for the parts. I know which wires do what coming off the harness (orange is +5, brown/yellow is ground and gray/black is the sensor feed or something along those lines). What I need to know is placement into the connector from the harness (since mine is gone) and placement from the sensor into it's connector to the harness. It's only three wires, but what a pain in the tookus. I want to be able to go purchase a new sensor if I should need to and just plug it in like it was intended to be done. Stupid "mechanics".

Supertayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
Supertayt

Oh yea. My bad. TJ, 2.5 liter, standard. Probably should have thrown that in there too.
Unread 12-14-2013, 03:33 AM   #3
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Since you've not filled out your vehicle profile I don't know what model year you have. Luckily the wiring colours are the same as in my 97. See if this helps...
image1.jpg  

Rockauto 5% discount code can be found here... http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/products_services.htm

Online factory service manuals (FSMs) and parts lists can be viewed at http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm
If the link doesn't work properly, look for the service manual link under Jeep Resources at the bottom of the page.
Jonny Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
Supertayt

Is that the nib on the top? I just want to make sure I'm looking at it correctly. I can recognize the colors in your picture perfectly (great pic).
Unread 12-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

The release tab of the connector is on the underside. I can't get to the connector to unplug it and get another pic because of how vehicles are parked in the drive. Maybe tomorrow, I just need to remember to do it.

Rockauto 5% discount code can be found here... http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/products_services.htm

Online factory service manuals (FSMs) and parts lists can be viewed at http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm
If the link doesn't work properly, look for the service manual link under Jeep Resources at the bottom of the page.
Unread 12-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #6
Supertayt

If you can get a picture or perhaps just tell me the configuration with the "fin" on top. I think it opposite of the release tab but I don't have one here for reference. There should be an alignment nib on top and the release tab on bottom. If that's the case, I'm good to go.
Unread 12-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Forgot to get the pic so just been outside. Focus isn't on the plug but you can see the wider release tab shape which when mounted is on the underside, and the nib/slot is on top. You can just see the orange wire too which shows the orientation.
image1.jpg  

Unread 12-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
JStMarie
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I took it to a mechanic to fix it and he just cut and spliced the wires together.
Damn that kind of sh*t p*sses me off.
JStMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #9
Supertayt

Thank you soooo much Jonny. You rock. JSTMarie, you hove no clue how hard I wanted to adjust his face. If you want something done right.....

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.