Cowl Air intake - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Cowl Air intake

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
schu
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Cowl Air intake

Considering doing this, what is everyone's view on this? Like the snorkel aspect and hey if i can get a 1 or 2 hp increase why not lol. In all seriousness do you feel this is a good route to go for cleaner and colder air, and also keep it water free on crossings? I really like the mustang write-up that was done.

schu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
trmn8r
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I put mine through the cowl using a ford windstar filter housing, ford also uses the same housing on some explorers I believe. Anyway, I'm happy with it, don't know that I gained even 1 horsepower though. Raises intake up a few inches. My reason was to open up the passenger side fenderwell to allow me to mount a OBA compressor someday. Plan on adding a cowl scoop facing the windshield someday, for more protection from water. Have had a couple of crossings send a wave of water up over the hood, think the rear facing cowl scoop will help keep that out of cowl area some.
trmn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
schu
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone know if there are any sensors to worry about in the newer models?
schu is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.