Corner Armor or Full Corner Armor?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Corner Armor or Full Corner Armor??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 09-14-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
Lemmiwinks
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Corner Armor or Full Corner Armor??

After slightly damaging the side of my jeep towards the rear driver side (basically I after my rear tire passed a tree, the rear slid into the tree causing minor body damage), I decide it is time to get some Corner Armor.

So before making the purchase for corner armor, I wanted to get feedback regarding what is the proper amount of protection??

Corner amor or Full Corner Armor, which might be over kill for the level of wheeling I do??

Pic's, storys, did armor save your tub from body damage??

Thanks!

Lemmiwinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I never thought I'd really "NEED" full corner armor, but when I flopped, the entire weight was on my corners.

Toys by Troy corner armor with side sliders supported the entire weight and when upright, the only damage was to windshield frame, cowl, and hood.

Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

dont make the mistake i did, i bought the short corner armor, ended up going full corner armor. spent twice the amount for the end result. ive hit many, many trees, its also nice going into the grocery store knowing that if someone hits my jeep with their door or shopping cart it wont hurt the jeep at all
Unread 09-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
jondotcom
2004 LJ Wrangler 

dang I was just about to get the super short corners from quadratec, the ones that only come up about 5 inches (until I saw this). Personally I want the aluminum ones so I don't add too much more weight to my ride.
jondotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

thats a good idea, mine are freakin heavy

Last edited by 2005X; 09-14-2009 at 07:35 PM..
2005X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #6
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

my short corner arm saved my sides in this pic (drug the corner for 3+ feetwhile being winched up), but i got a smokin deal on them used... if i had the money i would go for full corner protection for the reasons already stated
cgmrdc is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.