Corbeau Baja XRS seats - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Corbeau Baja XRS seats

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 11-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
sduncan
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Corbeau Baja XRS seats

Just installed the new seats.. I decided on the Corbeau Baja XRS along with their direct fit brackets. The install was bolt in easy.

'98 TJ, 5.7 HEMI, 545RFE, G2 33 spl. D44, HP D30,ARBs,4.10s, RE 4.5 LA,Savvy 1.25 BL,35in MTRs w/Pro Comp 15x10 alloys, Warn 9.5 cti w/Amsteel rope, Gen Rite G3 Alumium front fenders and rear flares, Premier Power welder 195 amp,Savvy Rockers,Prothane bumps,LED tail lites, Rampage top
Link to my Hemi build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/so...rsion-1277803/
YouTube video..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaDRq...&feature=g-upl
sduncan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nice ... I know they are reclining ... but do they tumble forward for rear access as well with this bracketry?

Suspension seats are on my wishlist ... but not sure yet about brand (PRP? MC? Corbeau?), model (reclining? bucket? memory foam?) and options (OEM tumble forwad, adjustable lumbar support)

The cost factor (including shipping) is another constraint as well as quality concerns (MC AND Corbeau both meanwhile have low budget entry level import models ... are they up to quality expectations or just slightly overpriced noname junk?)
chmo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
sduncan
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmo View Post
Nice ... I know they are reclining ... but do they tumble forward for rear access as well with this bracketry?

Suspension seats are on my wishlist ... but not sure yet about brand (PRP? MC? Corbeau?), model (reclining? bucket? memory foam?) and options (OEM tumble forwad, adjustable lumbar support)

The cost factor (including shipping) is another constraint as well as quality concerns (MC AND Corbeau both meanwhile have low budget entry level import models ... are they up to quality expectations or just slightly overpriced noname junk?)
With their brackets the tumble part is gone. If you use the adapters you keep the tumble but gain about 1-1.5 in in height. I didn't want that and no one but the small grandkids rife in the back every once in a while..I really won't miss the tumble function of the OEM seats. They seem to slide forward about as much as the factory seats.
'98 TJ, 5.7 HEMI, 545RFE, G2 33 spl. D44, HP D30,ARBs,4.10s, RE 4.5 LA,Savvy 1.25 BL,35in MTRs w/Pro Comp 15x10 alloys, Warn 9.5 cti w/Amsteel rope, Gen Rite G3 Alumium front fenders and rear flares, Premier Power welder 195 amp,Savvy Rockers,Prothane bumps,LED tail lites, Rampage top
Link to my Hemi build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/so...rsion-1277803/
Unread 11-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #4
willis36

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Is there any rubbing on the center console or on the rollbar with the seat slid all the way back? Could you post some pics of the clearance?
willis36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
Teeka
2011 JK Wrangler 

That seat mount is different then the one I got.

image-2452913030.jpg

Driver side wouldn't go in because the bolt was hitting centre council.
If they would of sent me that mount I'd be wheeling this weekend instead of being winch b@$&

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Teeka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #6
Skold
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduncan View Post
Just installed the new seats.. I decided on the Corbeau Baja XRS along with their direct fit brackets. The install was bolt in easy.
Those look REAL nice! Thanks for posting. It looks like you have room for some amps under there too if you wanted! Did you have to drill new holes, or did they use factory mount holes?
Skold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #7
sduncan
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Teeka,

What year is your TJ? These mounts are for 97-02 models.

Skold,

They bolt to the factory holes with factory hardware. Remove the old seats, swap the seat belt latch to the new ones ( a place is provided) mount the Corbeau brackets to the new seats using their hardware, and reinstall using the 3 hex head and one Torx as original.

I'll add a few more pics to show how they fit in the jeep with the factory center console....stand by.
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #8
Teeka
2011 JK Wrangler 

2003. I sent back the clip harness for a bolt harness. Hopefully that will fit better.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Teeka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2013, 05:36 AM   #9
s62e39
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Those look great! This might be my next mod after seeing how good yours look
s62e39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.