coolent leak??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > coolent leak???

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 05-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
bobadeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

coolent leak???

I keep replacing coolent in my radiator but can not find a leak. Put dye in the water but nothing. Any ideas?

bobadeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
KillaBeave
2013 JK Wrangler 

Burning? Getting into combustion chamber through blown head gasket? Do you have any white smoke?
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
bobadeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

No smoke and runs about 195 to 200 degrees
Unread 05-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #4
Pig_Pen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The plastic topped radiators are well known for leaking. Check inside the shroud and see if it is running down the passenger side of radiator, how does the underside of the water pump look? Check for whitish streaks there and on thermostat housing, most coolant leaks leave a snail trail of white streaks if they are temperamental leaks. If all is good there pop the oil cap and check for signs of water/oil mix.
Pig_Pen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
TheBeast
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Mine did exactly that. The plastic crimped seal on top was slowly leaking and dripping down slowly enough not to leak on the ground. I can smell the coolant while driving and while in the garage. The pic below shows the left side leaking.
6.jpg  
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 02:12 PM   #6
JeepGuy365

Thanks for the picture beast! I am trying to help a friend fix her Jeep right now. I think she may be having the same issue.
JeepGuy365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
SpaceWrangler
Gnarly Adventurer

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Location: Where the Girls Dance Different With Familiar Grace
A worn-out radiator cap can 'invisibly' lose coolant as well. The spring gets weak, allowing steam to escape to the overflow, where most of it evaporates before it can condense.
Unread 05-19-2010, 09:49 AM   #8
bobadeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have already replaced the radiator and water pump. I put die in the radiator but have not seen it anywhere. I will try a new cap. Thanks for the help

Tags
coolent , leak , radiator

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.