Coolant seems to be coming from rear drivers corner of tub. what? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Coolant seems to be coming from rear drivers corner of tub. what?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 01-05-2014, 07:16 AM   #1
TJJeepJosh
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Coolant seems to be coming from rear drivers corner of tub. what?

Have had a coolant leak for a while now that I haven't been able to track down. Oil is clean and after fixing the heater core I couldn't find any leaks underneath. Went outside this morning and found what looks like coolant in the snow under the rear drivers side of the tub. This is behind the tire just in front of the bumper. Why would that even be back there? any help

Unread 01-05-2014, 07:47 AM   #2
Jeepsr4me

did you stick anti freeze in the wiper bottle? Do you have a hard top? the hose runs back there is only thing I can come up with.
Jeepsr4me is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 07:56 AM   #3
TJJeepJosh
2001 TJ Wrangler 

nope no antifreeze in the wiper bottle. and yes the hard top is on. Sprays washer fluid as it should and I don't see any leaks around that area. I don't see any reason that it would be back but yet it is.
Unread 01-05-2014, 07:59 AM   #4
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Probably running down the body. I just replaced a leaking water pump and while it was in the garage coolant had ran down the exhaust and driveline to the rear axle. Confused me for a while as well.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #5
TJJeepJosh
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I was thinking it could have ran off from somewhere but its an on place to run off to. Its on both the body and the frame. I'll have to get out there and try to follow it back to find where it came from.
Unread 01-05-2014, 09:03 AM   #6
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Sure it's not fresh gear oil blowing out of the rear axle breather tube?
BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 09:11 AM   #7
TJJeepJosh
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Found out what it was... pretty stupid but at least its nothing that costs money. Went out with some friends last night. For some reason one of them left a bottle of coolant behind my back seat and its been leaking over night. Why it was there I don't know but oh well nothing I can do about it now.
Unread 01-05-2014, 09:18 AM   #8
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

At least it's an easy leak to fix.
hustler905 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.