Coolant Issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Coolant Issue

Only 2 Days left to win $3,800 Jeep Parts!Security Deck EnclosureSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 01-11-2015, 02:11 PM   #1
TonyTJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Coolant Issue

Hello - I just replaced my radiator and now I have a coolant leak under my Jeep. The pic below is where the leak is coming from. Does anyone know what this elbow hose below the heater hoses is called and what it does? Coolant is dripping from it onto my frame rail then on the ground. My heater is working fine, and there is no coolant leaking inside the Jeep. There is also no coolant leaking from the heater hoses attached to the heater core. Any help will be much appreciated.

'12 WK2 Limited QTII 5.7L 730N Black with Light Ash Interior.

2004 GTO
404 rwhp / 396 rwtq
TonyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2015, 04:35 PM   #2
kdsk2071

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTJ
Hello - I just replaced my radiator and now I have a coolant leak under my Jeep. The pic below is where the leak is coming from. Does anyone know what this elbow hose below the heater hoses is called and what it does? Coolant is dripping from it onto my frame rail then on the ground. My heater is wofine, and there is no coolant leaking inside the Jeep. There is also no coolant leaking from the heater hoses attached to the heater core. Any help will be much appreciated.
I think that is a drain tube for the tray that is
under the AC and heater cores . It keeps condinsation from the AC from dripping inside and making a wet mess . Sounds like you have a leak started inside the heater box . My 05 drops water out of there constantly because of the humidity in this area during the summer when I have the AC on.
kdsk2071 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2015, 04:44 PM   #3
kdsk2071

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdsk2071
I think that is a drain tube for the tray that is under the AC and heater cores . It keeps condinsation from the AC from dripping inside and making a wet mess . Sounds like you have a leak started inside the heater box . My 05 drops water out of there constantly because of the humidity in this area during the summer when I have the AC on.
I'm beginning to think that possibly you couldn't build enough pressure because of the old radiator leaking and the new one holds pressure and caused the next weakest part to start leaking
kdsk2071 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2015, 05:28 PM   #4
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

that is the ac cond drian. are you sure its coolant leaking or could it be just water.

remember, your ac compressor runs even in defrost mode, causing condensation.
Unread 01-11-2015, 05:36 PM   #5
cvaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jhanna View Post
that is the ac cond drian. are you sure its coolant leaking or could it be just water.

remember, your ac compressor runs even in defrost mode, causing condensation.
^this!

a/c drain. you are nervous. i do that all the time after i fix something. i start looking for signs of "oops"
cvaria is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.