Control Arm Upgrade from stock; yes or no? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Control Arm Upgrade from stock; yes or no?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #16
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I got my control arms at walmart

Unread 04-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #17
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have a 4inch lift and i replaced my control arms. I had rc at first. When they wore out I bought the devil's nut swinging arms. I am happy them
Unread 04-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #18
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

BUY CURRIE OR GO HOME

TROLOL

Seriously though, they're worth it.
Unread 04-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #19
J03_TJ
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'd say you should get some new arms. I don't have the Currie arms, but that's what I'd buy if I needed new arms only because I do wheel mine once in a while. For you and not much wheeling you might find something more budget practical, but definitely read reviews and choose wisely.
J03_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #20
merkchop
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I would want to replace the arms myself if they are indeed stock ones. 4" of lift is too much to have the stock arms. I know it doesn't bother some, but I hate the look of having the wheels (mainly noticeable to me in the rear) pulled forward and from where it should be when lifting it that much and still running stock length arms.
Not long ago, I would have been on the bandwagon of not needing to spend the money on the Currie arms or any of the other double JJ set ups, but through more and more research my opinion has changed. Besides fixing the issue I mentioned and being adjustable so you can eliminate possible drive line vibrations they also ride better or so I have read. The price of $1000 seemed crazy to me originally, but then I got to thinking about it and that is only $250 as set (front uppers, front lowers, rear uppers, rear lowers) which doesn't sound bad at all to me for what you are getting and I plan on having them once funds allow it. Added to that is the benefit that if you go ahead and get them and later on decide you want to do more and say get rid of the t-case drop, add a SYE/CV driveshaft, you already have the arms you need.
merkchop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #21
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

And not to mention the bling factor.
Unread 04-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #22
kylekae
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I just got some rokmen front and rear lower control arms and their great quality 300 for each set so 600 total you can get a package deal with all 8 arms for around 1000 I got a three inch suspension and hit a ditch a while ago and tore my front passenger lower control arm mount almost off. The stock arm was bent a little but off road shop said that I wouldn't need to upgrade. They didn't know I wheeled it. Then after a couple mud trips the arms started squeeking and I brought it back to then the they said that if I wheeled I would need to upgrade. I looked Arlington and saw the rokmen was one of the best so I went with then I have the fronts already on and the rears will be going on on Tuesday. With a three inch suspension my rear tire is not centered in wheel wheel so I imagine that with a 4 it wont either so I would get some arms. Look at rokmen
kylekae is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #23
Keith_C
2003 TJ Wrangler 

33"'s on 17" rims.
beach2.jpg  
Keith_C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #24
JeepnBlake
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
I got my control arms at walmart
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
I have a 4inch lift and i replaced my control arms. I had rc at first. When they wore out I bought the devil's nut swinging arms. I am happy them
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
BUY CURRIE OR GO HOME

TROLOL

Seriously though, they're worth it.

Best control arm posts I've ever seen. Completely spot on

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/j...thread-985907/
Dad's Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/d...build-1474170/
OEM Fog Light Connectors, Conversions, and Extension Info:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/o...ngler-1008928/
JeepnBlake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
control arms , lifts , shocks , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.