Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Confused on front and rear shock sizes (Old Man Emu)

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Unlimited04 
#1 ·
I want to replace my shocks on both front and rear. I still have the originals on my TJ and have about 113,000 miles on it. I have chosen to go with OME. I see on Quadratec's website that they have the front ones for a 0" lift.....but don't see the matching rear with a 0" lift. I do not want to lift my Jeep. Do the front and rear run on different sizes? Am I missing something?

#3 ·
Thanks for the answer. Why would a company sell a front shock with no lift and not a shock for the rear with no lift. I mean, that sounds straight retarded.....I mean who raises just the rear and not the front. I am not trying to build a dragster....:laugh:

#4 ·
their shocks are designed to fit with their lift springs. they are not intended to be run without a lift....the front just happens to have a 13.5" compressed length, which is the minimum you can fit without bumpstop extensions.

if you're looking at the shock specs on Quadratec or any other site, don't go by their lift/no-lift "specs". You want rear shocks with a compressed length of 12.25" max, and front shocks with a compressed length of 13.5" max. Stock is 8" travel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.