Confused about lift!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Confused about lift!!!

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 02-13-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
Metal019

Confused about lift!!!

Alright about a month ago I bought a used TJ Sahara edition. When I bought it, it was already lifted and the previous owner was running 31 inch bfg a/t. When I asked him about the lift, he told me he had a 2.5 rough country lift put on. According to him, it rode too rough for his likings so he changed the rear shocks to blisten 5000 I believe, however I'm not completely sure. A few days after I bought it I noticed that it seemed to nose dive. I just measured it and the rear tires had three inches more clearance from the top of the fender to the tire. Is this normal? What would be the best way to level it without losing any high as to I would like it taller anyhow?

Metal019 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
AddictedToJeeps
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal019 View Post
Alright about a month ago I bought a used TJ Sahara edition. When I bought it, it was already lifted and the previous owner was running 31 inch bfg a/t. When I asked him about the lift, he told me he had a 2.5 rough country lift put on. According to him, it rode too rough for his likings so he changed the rear shocks to blisten 5000 I believe, however I'm not completely sure. A few days after I bought it I noticed that it seemed to nose dive. I just measured it and the rear tires had three inches more clearance from the top of the fender to the tire. Is this normal? What would be the best way to level it without losing any high as to I would like it taller anyhow?
Do you have any additional weight? Winch? Bumpers? Anything? What do the front shocks say? Color of the shocks? Does it say Blisten on the back shocks?
AddictedToJeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
Metal019

Well I just looked and neither set of shocks had any visible labeling from my view point. I do believe the front shocks are the originals that came with the kit and where metallic grey. The rear shocks were white and no I don't have a winch or aftermarket bumpers.
Metal019 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:52 AM   #4
willatthe4077th
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The front is lower than the rear from the factory. This is referred to as "rake". It is supposed to help with fuel economy and keeps the jeep from sagging in back when fully loaded. Most lift kits maintain this rake. The best way to level it out, if you feel so inclined, is with 3/4 inch spacers on the front coils.
willatthe4077th is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
AddictedToJeeps
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willatthe4077th View Post
The front is lower than the rear from the factory. This is referred to as "rake". It is supposed to help with fuel economy and keeps the jeep from sagging in back when fully loaded. Most lift kits maintain this rake. The best way to level it out, if you feel so inclined, is with 3/4 inch spacers on the front coils.
You can do this or do what I am doing. 2 coils in rear, 3 coils in front
AddictedToJeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
lift , lift advice , lift choices , lift clearance , lift help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.