Condensate draining into floor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Condensate draining into floor

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!Gear Installs at CCOR SpecialWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 07-11-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
Nuge
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Condensate draining into floor

I've noticed recently that I have my AC condensate draining into the passenger side floor. Is there a hose that has come undone, or is their a different problem? If it's a hose, where is it? Any thoughts?

66 Scout 800
05 F350 Super Duty
05 TJ Unlimited
Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It is one of two possibilities.

A) The condensation drain under the cowl is clogged. You can run a coat hanger through it to clean it out.

B) The condensation is due to the poor design of the condensation drain itself. Fix is here: http://www.stu-offroad.com/body/ac/acleak-1.htm

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #3
CRAWLING 98
Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuge View Post
I've noticed recently that I have my AC condensate draining into the passenger side floor. Is there a hose that has come undone, or is their a different problem? If it's a hose, where is it? Any thoughts?
Sounds to me that your condensate drain is clogged and is overflowing into the compartment. The drain is in the engine compartment (firewall) and you will need to clear it out.

Dirt gets into it via the air cowl.

I thin that the pic shows the correct spot for the drain.
air-conditioning-system-jeep.jpg  

Tags
Leak , passenger , floor , a/c , hose

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.