Completed Clutch Install/Replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Completed Clutch Install/Replacement

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-02-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
cdrymalla
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Completed Clutch Install/Replacement

So, the install is complete with the LUK clutch kit. First, this thing is smooth, and I mean so smooth I have to ask if this is normal. After the replacement, the clutch depresses with little effort and is smooth through the shifts. My only concern is that with other new clutches it seems like they are initially tight and have a tremendous amount of pull (almost to the point of being jerky) and slowly break in. In this case, the clutch is really smooth, is not jerky at all, but seems to have torque, but not neck-jerking torque....it is almost like it is already broken in....Is this normal with this kit?

COMMENTS:
1)Those two E12 torqx bolts are way up there and I found it useful to have a small 1/4" drive ratchet with a 1/4" pivoting adapter as well as a 3/8" pivoting adapter. If you lower the transmission down about 15-30 degrees you should be able to access both of them from the driver side of the transmission.
2) I installed the shift linkage TSB kit that is mentioned on 4x4xplor writeup and it appears to have eliminated the bumping noise under the floorboard on bumpy roads.
3) I wish I had ordered POR 15 before I started. While I had all of the skid plates and other adapters off, it would have been a great time to coat them...looks like I will have to do this at a later time.

cdrymalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 05:25 AM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

That's perfectly normal.Mine was the same way.Just like driving a brand new Jeep
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 06:56 AM   #3
cdrymalla
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Boogieman, that is what I was hoping to hear!
cdrymalla is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.