coilspacer lift and suspension lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > coilspacer lift and suspension lift?

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 11-09-2005, 02:01 PM   #1
Hepyrunner

coilspacer lift and suspension lift?

I have a 97 tj. It already has a 2" coil spacer (budget boost) lift on it. I was thinking about adding a 4" suspension lift to it and was wondering what , if anything, i would have to do to run the two together. The 2" lift didn't need any extra's just install the blocks between the frame and springs.. Its been installed for about 4 months and is working just fine no tire wear or anything like that. So i guess what i'm asking is has anyone done this? or does anyone have any ideas as to what i would need to do to make this work. Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

Hepyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2005, 02:06 PM   #2
DestructoJr
The Thin Blue Line

That would be a lot of lift, you would need a sye, cv driveshaft, and at least 35'' tires which would mean upgrading brakes, steering, gears, and last but not least if you have a D35 that too. I would take the spacers out and the shocks you have now and sell them on the forum to help with the cost of the new lift and tires they sell like hotcakes around here just my $.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marneaus
10 because you're awesomely conservative and bash all the liberals. hoorah!
www.offroadoverstock.com

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
--John Stewart Mill--
DestructoJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2005, 03:15 PM   #3
Vauxilicon05

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestructoJr
That would be a lot of lift, you would need a sye, cv driveshaft, and at least 35'' tires which would mean upgrading brakes, steering, gears, and last but not least if you have a D35 that too. I would take the spacers out and the shocks you have now and sell them on the forum to help with the cost of the new lift and tires they sell like hotcakes around here just my $.02

x2....

[COLOR=Sienna]RE 3.5" SF w/ RE adjustable CA's/ JKS 1.25" BL/ JKS BMML/ OME LT Shocks/ Monroe Stabalizer/ 255/85R16 Trxus MT's/ JKS Quicker Disco's/ Custom Rockrails/ Iggee Seat Covers[/COLOR]
Vauxilicon05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2005, 03:43 PM   #4
4JEEPN

I run RE 4.5 springs in the front with 2" spacers.. It helps to have upper and lower adj control arms. The back I only run the springs no spacers and just have the lower adj arms. It wheels fine, but it is a lot of lift. I run 35's with it, could go bigger if i wanted maybe 37's with out adjusting anything, but it would be rather close in the back.
Unread 11-09-2005, 06:15 PM   #5
Hrnt557
1997 TJ Wrangler 

4jeepn, do you have the d35?
Unread 11-09-2005, 09:32 PM   #6
4JEEPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrnt557
4jeepn, do you have the d35?
Nope, sure don't, I have pal that runs about the same setup with 33's and a D35, although he has the upgraded super kit in it.
Unread 11-09-2005, 11:16 PM   #7
Hepyrunner

The only reason i've thought about more lift is because i do alot of mudding. and i'd like to be as far from harms way as i can.. i run 33's right now with wheel spacers so i have a wider stance. I got stuck in some mud when my jeep was stock and had my jeep not run for the 2 hours i was stuck that prob would have been the end of her. if i only had about 5" more of lift i wouldn't have had to worry about anything. Can i maybe get a parts list, an idea of pricing and/or maybe even a place to come across the extra parts, you know if nobody has anything better to do with their time. And don't worry i do plan on doing axel swaps and bigger wheels and all that jazz in time. its just gonna be a process
Unread 11-09-2005, 11:24 PM   #8
Hepyrunner

alittle help.. maybe?
Unread 11-10-2005, 12:00 AM   #9
Vauxilicon05

Just go with the RE 4.5" SF Kit w/ 3.5" springs add a BL and MML, SYE, CV driveshaft, and go from there...with that setup you'll be fine running 33's or 35's. It already comes with a front adjustable trackbar and control arms. You can regear and do the axles when you have the money/time. It's a great overall start.

[COLOR=Sienna]RE 3.5" SF w/ RE adjustable CA's/ JKS 1.25" BL/ JKS BMML/ OME LT Shocks/ Monroe Stabalizer/ 255/85R16 Trxus MT's/ JKS Quicker Disco's/ Custom Rockrails/ Iggee Seat Covers[/COLOR]
Vauxilicon05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.