Coilovers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Coilovers

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 12-08-2004, 09:08 AM   #1
TJJPNUT

Coilovers

No, I am not getting any but the thread yesterday about someone wanting to buy some made me curious. It would seem that Fred seemed to know some background on them.

So the question is: Why? What would make it worth while to buy and install them on a TJ? I have read or heard very little about them so humor and educate me.

TJJPNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2004, 09:48 AM   #2
FlexyTJ

generally speaking, this is not done on stock framed TJ's. It is more often seen on competition level rigs, with relocated suspension mounting points, tube frames/partial tube frame chassis, ect.

Coil overs have a number of advantages such as fully adjustable ride height, spring preload, spring # weight #, externally adjustable compression and rebound valving , ect, ect.

The average joe wouldnt know what to do with all these adjustments. It takes a fairly in depth knowledge of suspension to tune these to work properly/balanced.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.