Coil install question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Coil install question

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread Today, 12:03 AM   #1
Mowgli25
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Coil install question

I'm installing some new 2.5 coils and was wondering if it's okay to use the jack to push the opposite side of the axle all the way up to get it to drop all the way down on the opposite side?

Mowgli25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 05:56 AM   #2
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I think this is common practice, but hopefully others will chime in.
Unread Today, 05:59 AM   #3
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

if the spring is removed on the side you are jacking off of, yes it's common practice. In fact, it's common practice to cycle the axle to full bump, full droop and full flex on both sides to check suspension clearances while the springs are completely removed.

here's how it's done: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/j...arned-1513528/
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.