Clutch "Went Out"? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Clutch "Went Out"?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-19-2004, 10:37 AM   #1
bigjohnwhodatis

Clutch "Went Out"?

I was driving down the road earlier today, all of a sudden as I was trying to shift into 5th gear, the clutch is rock hard, and it seemed as though the Jeep was stuck in gear. There was no hint of a problem before this point, the clutch operated normally up until then. The car stalled and I coasted into a driveway, and the problem persisted. Clutch was completely stiff, and I was unable to get the Jeep started again, it turned over, but it seemed like it was still stuck in gear, however we were able to roll the Jeep freely... any ideas? Never had a problem like this before, the Jeep's got about 63K miles on her. I'm sure this is probably something routine, however not having experienced it, I was just wondering what to expect tomorrow when the dealer calls, thanks folks

bigjohnwhodatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2004, 01:56 PM   #2
Dragonmaster

doesn't sound routine to me, possibly a slave cylinder that went out, or even worse your master. good luck on the fixin.
Work 2 Live, Live 2 Play, Play = JEEP
Dragonmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.