Clutch Pedal Clip Removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Clutch Pedal Clip Removal

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Assemblies

Unread 05-08-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
pointblanke

Clutch Pedal Clip Removal

I'm changing the clutch master cylinder in my 97 4.0, Everything is going great, except the pint that holds the master cylinder to the clutch pedal is held in place with some type of plastic clip. I'm afraid to just break it off in case I can't get a new one easily. Anybody know how to take this off?

Unread 05-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

i thought it had a cotter pin up top on the inside?

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #3
pointblanke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnEmOvr View Post
i thought it had a cotter pin up top on the inside?
That's what the Hayne's Manual says. Mine has som sort of black plastic cap.
Unread 05-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #4
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It's been several years since I removed mine to remove the clutch system but I don't recall it taking more than a few seconds to get the clip off and it didn't break in the process.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2009, 07:00 PM   #5
pointblanke

The new one also came with the same clip. I pried the old one off and the new one snapped right on. The whole thing was pretty straightforward. Just got back from taking it out for a spin. Thanks for the help everyone!
Unread 08-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #6
yobeez
2006 LJ Wrangler 

What about the clutch end? There is a plastic piece that is held in place by two plastic tabs. The tabs were cut off at the base of the piece on the old one.......do I need to do the same or are they designed to break when you first push the clutch pedal in?
yobeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
yobeez
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Anyone?
yobeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
TJSunny1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobeez View Post
What about the clutch end? There is a plastic piece that is held in place by two plastic tabs. The tabs were cut off at the base of the piece on the old one.......do I need to do the same or are they designed to break when you first push the clutch pedal in?
I just installed my mopar master and slave last week. I thought that the two plastic tabs on the slave would break away but they didnt. I took the slave off again and cut them off at the pushing end so they were nonexistant and reinstalled the slave by just pushing it inreally hard while tightening the bolts. If you only cut the ends off after it is installed, you get an annoying clicking noise.
TJSunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.