Clear Turn Signals and Parking lenses - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Clear Turn Signals and Parking lenses

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-02-2001, 01:08 PM   #1
MC Sleek

Clear Turn Signals and Parking lenses

I have just purchased a Forest Green Sahara brand new. And it has a tan hard top- but i want to make it a little different and change the amber turn signal lenses and the parking lenses to clear ones. Where can i FIND THESE?! Thanks Guys-

MC Sleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2001, 05:46 PM   #2
goofus
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ask these guys, I'm sure they'll tell you what to do.... http://www.pirate4x4.com/cgi-bin/ubb...?ubb=forum&f=4
2000 SE
1997 XJ
85 FJ-60
goofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2001, 10:28 AM   #3
GW

I'd think twice about doing that. It will just make it much harder for other drivers to see your signals, especially during bright sunny days.

Perhaps the dumbest trend out there are the guys who put on clear tail light lenses on the import sports cars. There's several of these where I live and its almost impossible to see their brake lights during the day. Nothing like asking to get rearended.
GW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2001, 02:12 PM   #4
Brock Landers

If you want a rather garish looking jeep, or you tend to buy the most tasteless and tacky acoutrements for your vehicle, go ahead and get the clear covers. Be sure to get faux chrome fender flares, bug bra, muffler extension, and lower your jeep and outfit it with "rollerskate wheels", then add a decal of Calvin pissing on something. I'm sure if you're mexican your allready half way there! Adios ese!
Brock Landers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2001, 03:39 PM   #5
bobmono

Brock,

No reason for a post like that...If thats how he wants to modify his Jeep, that his decision, but there is no reason to put up a post like that. Second whats up with that Mexican comment??? There is no reason for that either! Common man this discussion board is about Jeeps, not starting fights. Am I right???
Unread 07-13-2001, 06:08 PM   #6
JONESSJEEP

To each his own gentelmen.
As for the clear turn signal covers, check with the manufacture American Products Co. They are the leading distributer of all of the euro lenses you see on the road.
1 (800) 594-4272, or www.4apc.net

GW is correct. Clear lenses are harder to see in the daytime. Check with your local laws reguarding the issue also. Turn signal violations vary from state to state. Also the fact your jeep classifys as a light truck, the law may be different. I know in TX, you can run the clear turn signals, but must have orange bulbs. As for taillights, the red portion must be a reflector as well as a bulb.
JONESSJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2002, 02:03 PM   #7
jeep-a-holic

Where can you get the rear lights in the clear euro style that I have not see anywhere

I know there are dimond cut head light you can buy for jeep tj that you can use H4 headlight bulbs in. (the blue-ish look)
jeep-a-holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2002, 10:47 PM   #8
Mr Ouija

Dude,

I respect everyone's opinion and all, but with all do respect, save your money and put some big-dog meats on her and take her muddin'!!!!
PROComp Stage II 4" Sus. Lift
PROComp Mud Terrain 33x12.5" x 15"
PROComp ES2000 Steering Stabilizer
A/R Outlaws 15x8x3.75" Backspacing
AA Slip-Yoke Elim. & Tom Wood D/Shaft
Mr Ouija is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.