Cleaning Carpet & Seats - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Cleaning Carpet & Seats

Black Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHutBlack Friday Deals !JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!

Unread 07-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
cairopd1069
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Cleaning Carpet & Seats

Carpet is still in good shape, no tears or holes. Does anyone have any ideas on how to clean the carpet? Pressure Washer? Soap, water and scrub brush? What about the seats? I thought about new carpet and new seat covers, but if I can clean the ones I have, it would save money for the ever present mechanical repairs.

Unread 07-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
Jearbear29x
1998 TJ Wrangler 

In the past I've just gone to town with dawn dish detergent and some water. Either do it on a hot day and let it dry in the sun or bring them to a free gas station vacuum and just suck the water out

In the future I think you're gonna find that you wanna just rip the carpet out and bedline the interior though!
Jearbear29x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

I've had good luck with the blue corral with the scrub brush on top, works good on seats and carpet(vacuum the left overs that seep in). Even better for seats is oxyclean or totally awesome
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
cairopd1069
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the ideas. The PO did not care much about keeping the inside clean. The seats are just down right "nasty" feeling. I know Jeeps are supposed to be rugged, but my wife drives it to work and we drive it to church, so I would like to have the inside as clean as possible.
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
wheelie387a
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Do it all the time , take them out and pressure wash the carpet AND the seats, drape the carpet pieces over something out in the sun, and set the seats out in the sun as well for a couple days..just did another Sahara jeep last week, came out immaculate... And they were FOUSTY !!!!
wheelie387a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #6
cairopd1069
2000 TJ Wrangler 

wheelie387a, did you use any of the other suggested cleaners or just the pressure washer? After the seats dried, did they smell soured?
Unread 07-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #7
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have used some water and laundry soap and a scrub brush, followed by a pressure washer with plain water, followed by a wet/dry shop vac, than parked in the sun. The shop vac will get a lot of the water out, and if it's hot and sunny out they will dry the rest of the way before they can get a musty smell. I used to do the same for the seats, carpet, and roll bar padding. That was before I sold the carpet and roll bar padding, and also before I became a total slacker when it come to cleaning the Jeep.

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #8
jepnbyu
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I agree with the previous posts. Dawn dish detergent and bug and tar remover for the tough stuff on the carpet. Clean it with lots of water using a power washer. Try just the suds for the seats and rinse lightly.
jepnbyu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #9
cairopd1069
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sprayed with Blue Coral and used a pressure washer and they look good. Wife used a stiff brush on the bad spots. Figured they would not look good when they dried, but they look good enough to save me from having to fork out the money for new carpet. Now if the seats will just clean up.
Unread 07-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #10
WeldedUp

If you've never used a carpet shampooer with upholstery attachment -- try it. It's amazing the quantity of dirt removed from even a clean appearing interior. Supermarkets around here have them for rent. You don't need the fancy soap; I use laundry detergent.
WeldedUp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Blue Coral is the best stain remover,Febreeze is the best at removing (not covering )oders.Purple Power will remove any stain,but stink like Hell.Carpet removed and sprayed at the carwash with Purple Power if it has bad stains.Interior Blue Coral is best.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.