I am looking into adding a TJ to the fleet. I will never sell my CJ, but now that I have two little girls and a boy on the way I would like to have a safer option available when the kids want to go along. Not to mention, TJ's have been catching my eye lately. Good looking jeeps.
I have about $6,000 dollars to spend.
1. Any particular years better than others?
2. Any common mechanical faliures?
3. What areas should I focus my inspection on when looking at a potential TJ?
4. How reliable has yours been for you?
5. Any other advice you would give someone thinking of joining the TJ family.
Thanks for your time and assitance.