Cigarette lighter socket - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Cigarette lighter socket

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 04-27-2008, 09:18 PM   #1
noise_maker
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Cigarette lighter socket

So I was out camping / wheeling in my 2000 TJ this weekend and had somthing plugged into my Cigarette lighter and somehow (these things just happen sometimes) I broke off the plastic ring that suronds it and holds it in place. I managed to get the old socket out and I bought your standard replacement but the hole is too big for it.

So I called around a few junk yards and can't find an OEM one. Just wondering (before I go crazy with hot glue or somthing stupid like that) if any one knows of a place I could order one or any other ideas

Thanks

noise_maker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
robncar
2005 TJ Wrangler 

It's ~$25...

56007314AD BEZEL, Cigar Lighter, Bezel & Plug, Switch & Cigar Lighter

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...?siteid=214358
robncar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
Crashnburn80
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Olympic 4x4 has a huge wrangler yard.

http://www.oly4x4.com/

OME ZJ/LJ combo | SwayLOC | 1.25" BL | Nth TT | Riddler diff covers | EMP gastank skid | 33" MTRs | Warn M8000 | Cobra75
and much more...

Riddler torture test video
Oil Filter Study
Useful Axle Info Thread
Crashnburn80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 03:23 AM   #4
Diablosjeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just found about this guy this weekend (Thanks again americanlegend). www.daveysjeeps.com He seems to have a huge yard of jeeps and was very quick to respond. I am sure he would have what you are looking for.
RED Jeep Club Member #666
Diablosjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 07:56 AM   #5
JasonJW
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Did you try the dealer? So far, every little part I've looked for has actually been cheaper from the dealer than for a junk yard pull (a few little seat pieces, my air bag switch, missing soft top part)
Unread 04-28-2008, 09:58 AM   #6
noise_maker
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys. These sites are great - Its nice to have a few more in the tool box as it were to look for stuff.

Got exactly what I need coming and should have it by the weekend.
noise_maker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.