Chrysler is paying to install a new cam (2005/2006 owners should read this) - Page 67 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Chrysler is paying to install a new cam (2005/2006 owners should read this)

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 11-16-2010, 07:43 AM   #991
rmeredit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon1000 View Post
How did u get it do cheap my dealer said mine was 316
Your dealer is a rapist! Order it online (mopar parts america)

rmeredit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 07:57 AM   #992
JrJmisn
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I dont know the part number...but ill look at home at the box I got and get back.
I walked to the parts and told them I needed the oil pump drive assembly. He plugged that in to his computer and gave me a print out of what it was. It is the whole assembly like as pictured in this thread. Keyed end for the oil pump, gear, shaft, and top housing of sensor and disk. I paid less than 180 total.

I asked about this being a common problem and he looked up my Jeep specifically in the computer and printed out the TSB about how MINE was actually changed at the dealership before it was ever sold due to NOT a recall but rather a customer satisfaction service recommendation from Chrysler. I told him its a little crazy it went bad AGAIN after a new one to solve the problem in 05 and he agreed...gave me numbers for Chrysler to call, and gave me all the paperwork he had on it.
JrJmisn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 08:15 AM   #993
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Wow. Sounds like you had a semi-helpful dealer. Mine pretended like it was something new.

Part number is PN 53010624AC. It will be printed on the sticker of the unit.

I found a website, dodge-wholesale.com.

I haven't bought a spare replacement yet, but this looks like a good place.

Below is my correspondence.
Quote:
To: Dodge Wholesale

PN 53010624AC. Oil Pump Drive Assembly

Is this the complete assembly including the gear and shaft?
Is this unit for the 2005-2006 Jeep Wrangler?
Are they new or refurbished?
Do you have an image so I can confirm it's the right part?

---
To: willydigger

Hello

Yes this is the gear and shaft for 2005 Wrangler, they are new oem parts. Item # 28 in below diagram.

Thank You

www.dodge-wholesale.com

---
To: Dodge Wholesale

The pic below looks like the OPDA for 2004. They made a change for 2005-2006 models.

If it isn't right, what is your return policy?
Where does it ship from?

---

If it is not the correct one we will take it back as long as its unused. It ships from Tampa FL.
Unread 11-16-2010, 09:03 AM   #994
JeepScrap
2006 LJ Wrangler 

What's up board! New LJ guy here. Just bought an 06 Rubicon with 35k and now freaked by this thread. Jeep runs perfect but want to get right on this B4 major problems surface so I'll be checking it this weekend. After reading through the first 20 pages and the last few pages of this post, I have a few quick questions. If they have been covered, please forgive me b/c I wasn't able to find my answers.

1. Why would you go to the dealer and buy the same CPS/OPDA? The new one will probably wear out as well if it's the same junk as the original part, no?

2. What is the dealers part number on the assembly?

3. What is the part number for the gasket that you should be replacing at the base of the assembly?

Thanks for any answers you guys can provide. Feels good to own some American junk again.
JeepScrap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 09:31 AM   #995
rubicon1000
2012 JK Wrangler 

The one i just picked up has a part number of 53010615ab
SOLD 03 Rubicon , nv 3550 ,4'' RC lift ,1'' RC MM lift, 1.25'' body lift, HD rear bumper, hummer snorkel cap with buick airbox and custom piping, 265/75 r 16 tread wright retread mud tires on stock rubicon wheels, smitty built 8k winch, cobra cb radio, rrc front bumper, pre-runner rear bumper, HID headlights in Hella housings
rubicon1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 09:31 AM   #996
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepScrap View Post
1. Why would you go to the dealer and buy the same CPS/OPDA? The new one will probably wear out as well if it's the same junk as the original part, no?

2. What is the dealers part number on the assembly?

3. What is the part number for the gasket that you should be replacing at the base of the assembly?
1. What other choice is there? Replacing and modding are the only alternatives I know.

2. PN 53010624AC. It should be on the sticker on the OPDA.

3. Below is an image of the gasket package.

Unread 11-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #997
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon1000 View Post
The one i just picked up has a part number of 53010615ab
You don't have an 05-06 do you?

EDIT: Response from dodge-wholesale.com

Hello
Part # 53010615ab is for 2002-2004 Wrangler models.
Part # 53010624AC is $99.62

Shipping will be $12.95

Thank You

Last edited by willydigger; 11-16-2010 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: PN Clarification.
willydigger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #998
dickyson
2005 TJ Wrangler 

willydigger: is the J3181288 the part # for the gasket for the the 2005 wrangler?

thanks
dickyson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #999
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
willydigger: is the J3181288 the part # for the gasket for the the 2005 wrangler?
Yeah it is.

Also I ordered the OPDA from dodge-wholesale.com. Hopefully it's the right part. $110 shipped isn't bad. Now I'll have one to modify once FOG uploads some pics.
Unread 11-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #1000
JeepScrap
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the quick replies. So I guess D/C never replaced the gear with an updated and more durable one? I gather that this assembly will have to be checked say every 10k miles and if there is more wear, order another $130 assembly? Kinda Shi**y if you ask me but thats why these clowns needed a bail out. Anyone know if a durable aftermarket is in the works or currently on the market for sale?
JeepScrap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #1001
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepScrap View Post
Thanks for the quick replies. So I guess D/C never replaced the gear with an updated and more durable one? I gather that this assembly will have to be checked say every 10k miles and if there is more wear, order another $130 assembly? Kinda Shi**y if you ask me but thats why these clowns needed a bail out. Anyone know if a durable aftermarket is in the works or currently on the market for sale?
I don't know of an upgrade. There was a supply issue earlier this summer, but I've had no problem securing a replacement.

I would recommend checking it semi-annually. It looks like a high ZDDP oil will help and if you can somehow modify the existing shaft with an oil groove or with a zerk in the upper bushing, that might buy some time.

Overall, though initially freaked out, I've come to accept it. My first OPDA lasted 5 years. That said, I did catch it in time before any substantial failure.
Unread 11-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #1002
chchtj
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willydigger View Post
1. What other choice is there? Replacing and modding are the only alternatives I know.

2. PN 53010624AC. It should be on the sticker on the OPDA.

3. Below is an image of the gasket package.

I was just wondering if anyone has contacted LDI Inc? Might be interesting to see how long they think their part should last. Assuming they are the manufacturers from that part number sticker in the pic?
chchtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 02:56 PM   #1003
bonza
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chchtj View Post
I was just wondering if anyone has contacted LDI Inc? Might be interesting to see how long they think their part should last. Assuming they are the manufacturers from that part number sticker in the pic?
I emailed them ages ago about this issue and got no reply
Unread 11-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #1004
rubicon1000
2012 JK Wrangler 

here is a photo of mine i took out of my 03 with 77k on it jeep runs great right now no ticks

SOLD 03 Rubicon , nv 3550 ,4'' RC lift ,1'' RC MM lift, 1.25'' body lift, HD rear bumper, hummer snorkel cap with buick airbox and custom piping, 265/75 r 16 tread wright retread mud tires on stock rubicon wheels, smitty built 8k winch, cobra cb radio, rrc front bumper, pre-runner rear bumper, HID headlights in Hella housings
Unread 11-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #1005
rubicon1000
2012 JK Wrangler 

this was the one i replaced, only number on the saft is the part number 53010614aa and a number under the manufacture standard 1063

Tags
2006 , 4.0 , camshaft , replacement , tj , warranty , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.