Check Engine Light Error Code P0432 PICS! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Check Engine Light Error Code P0432 PICS!

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-07-2007, 09:02 PM   #1
cyclerider105

Check Engine Light Error Code P0432 PICS!

Hey all,

Looked at the FAQ section and did a search for this code. The question I have is that it appears that my 04 with an I6 has 4, count them FOUR O2 sensors. Most of the posts I found seem to indicate that this code (P0432) indicates a bad O2 sensor. Question is the code indicates a problem in BANK 2. So, which sensors are bank 2? I am attaching some pics. My O2 sensors are all together. 2 are located right below the manifold in the first pic and 2 are located about a foot lower in the exhaust system in the second pic. None of the sensors are back by the CAT. Weird! Anyone else had this problem code with this O2 set up and how did you resolve it? ANY help is appreciated!
The upper two sensors:

The lower two sensors:

cyclerider105 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2007, 02:07 AM   #2
cyclerider105

Just a little bump
Unread 01-08-2007, 04:16 AM   #3
snccoulter

P0432 Catalyst System Low Efficiency Bank 2 this is your issue the F%$k if i know what it means here is a link for the error codes
http://www.coulters-inc.com/page3.html
()_) ()_)----)_)
98 Sahara - Soft Top 6" Lift - Sway Bar Quick Disconnects - Pro Comp33-12.5-R15
The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you are finished. Benjamin Franklin[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"][URL="www.coulters-inc.com"]WWW.Coulters-Inc.com[/URL][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
Check out [url]WWW.UTAH4x4CLUB.COM[/url]
snccoulter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2007, 06:40 AM   #4
hbomb695

The newer jeeps have a 2 stage catalytic converter system. the first stage is located between the sets of O2 sensors. The upstream sensor regulates the fuel/air ratio, while the sole purpose of the downstream sensor is to monitor the efficiency of the stage 1 cat (2 of them, hence 2 upstream and 2 downstream sensors). Bank 2 is the rear-most of the two.

Check the lower sensor (downstream) on that bank. If the sensor is ok, then you have a stage 1 catalytic converter failure. Fortunately, that assembly is covered under a federally mandated 8 year, 80,000 mile emissions warranty ($359 for the part if you're outside that).
Unread 01-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #5
Fox Fader
1996 XJ Cherokee 

If you need an o2 sensor go to oxygensensors.com, best prices. For an 04 Jeep you have to call them for more info.
Unread 01-08-2007, 11:37 PM   #6
cyclerider105

Thanks for the info! You explained it very well! Of course, I have 81K on the rig!!!!!!!! So, looks like it is on me!
Unread 07-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #7
gizelgazelle

Same problem on my 2003.

Hey cyclerider105-
Did you have any luck replacing the o2 sensor? I'm getting the same code. I can't believe that the main cat is bad. My Jeep runs fine.Which sensors are for bank 2? I've got to take my Jeep in for an emissions test. Could you let me know how you fixed your problem? Thanks!

gizelgazelle
gizelgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #8
gebirgziege
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Interesting. Mine just threw the code again too. But mine is an 06 and I have 25k on her.
Are 02 sensors covered by that federal emissions warranty?
Unread 07-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #9
2003RubiBlue
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I had this same thing happen twice. The first time I was under emissions warranty and ended up just paying for the 02 sensors. The second time I was way out of warranty and I did the 2 mini cats, main cat, 4 os sensors, hangers, associated hardware, and a cat back for about $1000 using all Rockauto parts. If you need the cats as someone said above the 2 min cats are like $400. Oh and please if you do decide to replace just the 92 sensors to diagnose the problem do not use Bosch. The Bosch do not play well with the Ecu, use NGK they are the OEM manufacturer and they are actually cheaper than Bosch.
Good Luck any Q's just ask.

Brian
"That's awesome advice. Anytime I have a difficult repair, I fix something else that's much easier to get to. This one time, there was a hole in the oil pan so I replaced the side mirror on the driver's door."
Wanted: Tuffy rear underseat drawer. PM me if you have one.
2003RubiBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.