Yes it could trigger the code! Out of the FSM
Sensor With One-Bolt Mounting:
New replacement sensors will be equipped with a
paper spacer glued to bottom of sensor. If installing
used sensor to vehicle, a new paper
spacer must be installed to bottom of sensor. This
spacer will be ground off the first time engine is
started. If spacer is not used, sensor will be broken
the first time engine is started.
(4) New Sensors: Be sure paper spacer is installed
to bottom of sensor. If not, obtain spacer
(5) Used Sensors: Clean bottom of sensor and
install spacer PN05252229.
(6) Install sensor into transmission bellhousing
(7) Push sensor against flywheel/drive plate. With
sensor pushed against flywheel/drive plate, tighten
mounting bolt to 7 N·m (60 in. lbs.) torque.
(8) Connect sensor pigtail harness electrical connector
to main wiring harness.