Chasing a noise..looking towards T-Case relocation Bracket. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Chasing a noise..looking towards T-Case relocation Bracket.

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-11-2009, 07:56 AM   #1
A1A-LJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Chasing a noise..looking towards T-Case relocation Bracket.

I have an 05 LJ. Automatic. All stock except Ive been running 31" Mickey Thompson MTZs since 30k miles. (I now have 76k) Stock Tires were 30".

I changed the steering stabilizer and changed the speedo Gear and thats it.

Very shortly after getting the new tires, I noticed a strange rattle, vibration, grind as I come to a stop. It feels like the transmission/t-case area.

If I drive at say 10-15 mph I can hear it as I come to a slow stop. If I drive at highway speeds as Im slowing down for the last 10mpg I can hear it for a second as I stop. Ive put the jeep in neutal just to take it out of gear and I was able to recreate the sound with NO change. Ive even coasted in neutral, turned off the engine and still can get the same rattling metal sound the last few MPH while braking.

I know the logical assumption is the brakes but its not a shimmy or anything like that. The sound is comming from under the floor boards and sometimes rattles the dash.

Ive been reading about relocating some parts of the t-case off the tub and on to a relocation bracket. So yesterday I started putting my hand on the transmission hump as I brake and I can definately feel and hear the sound now...its in that area. Although Im not sure my solution is the actual issue...

any help would be great....

A1A-LJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
A1A-LJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

anyone done this relocation bracket mod have any feedback?
Unread 01-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.4x4xplor.com/T-CaseTSB.html
p.s. You don't need a relocation bracket unless you have a BL or t case drop.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
A1A-LJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theboogieman View Post
http://www.4x4xplor.com/T-CaseTSB.html
p.s. You don't need a relocation bracket unless you have a BL or t case drop.
The BL is the very next mod..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.