Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Changing Tire Sizes Check My work Please

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  BlueFlame 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay I have done some research and just want to make sure that what I have so far is correct so when I get the job done I won’t have any issues or last minute issues. I want to run 33x12.50 tires and still maintain my ground clearance and as close to factory specs as possible with MPG and Speedometer. I mainly use my Rig for hunting and to and from work no hardcore rock climbing and mudding just too hunting spots and such. I have to figure out which axles I have will get more info as soon as it stops raining outside. Below is a list of what I’m tracking putting on let me know if I need something else or I jacked it up. Not trying to blow the bank either around 3,500 to get it done should be enough correct

1. Tires Pro Comp Xtreme M/T Tire 33x12.50R-15
2. Rims: DC-2 Gloss Black 6-Spoke Wheel by **** Cepek 15x8 5x4-1/2 bolt pattern 3-5/8" back spacing -21 mm offest Load lbs. 2,100
3. 4.88 Ring and Pinion Set by Superior Axle & Gear
4. Lift Kit: 3.5" Entry Level Suspension System by Rock Krawler

#2 ·
i wouldnt change gears to 3.73 just to run 33s. maybe 4.10, but that should come later on down the road.
why do you want to buy CJ bolt pattern rims AND wheel adapters? just buy the rims you want for your TJ... 5x4.5"
have you seen the rough country 3.25" or 3.75" kits? probably cheaper than RK. plus if all you want is a lift just to run bigger tires, those would suit you just fine.
good luck.

#3 ·
Why not get rims that have the correct bolt pattern? With 3.75 of BS and 1.25 extra with the spacers your tires are going to stick way out. I think that much will look very funny. Larger tires need higher RPMs. If you finished filling in your profile so we knew what transmission you have we could point you in the right direction for gears. 4.10 or 4.56 will make you much happier depending on your transmission.

#4 · (Edited)
Sorry still working on the profile today it stopped raining so going to figure out what axels and stuff I got. As far as I know it's still all stock but will gather all my info and continue to update.

#5 ·
Okay today got time inbetween rain drops already have 3.73 gear Ratio Dana 35 Front and Dana 44 Rear so I should be good at 65 I'm running around 1,900 RPM I had a chart from someplace but can't remember were to look to find out. And I have a stock transmission will figure out witch one tommrow going to stop buy my dealer see if I can get a prinout.

#8 ·
Will send a photo looks like a 35 probably wrong hard to tell for me between 30 and 35 cant post pics yet can send a pic via email this is what the writing on it says went on the dana website couldn't figure the search engine out.

NOT EVERYONE IS A JEEP EXPERT OR MECHANICALLY INCLINED

FRONT
10869-1
204 2
REV S

REAR
211-2
REV K

#10 · (Edited)
Going to dealer have them figure out all my info.

#13 ·
Okay went to dealer got my print-out here's what we got.

ERH-Engine-4.0L Power Tech I-6 ( No V sorry truck habit)
Transmission- DG6 4-Spd Automatic, 42 RIE
Front Axle Dana 30/186mm Gear Ratio 3.73
Rear Axle Dana M35/194MM Gear Ratio 3.73

#14 ·
Okay I have done some research and just want to make sure that what I have so far is correct so when I get the job done I won't have any issues or last minute issues. I want to run 33x12.50 tires and still maintain my ground clearance and as close to factory specs as possible with MPG and Speedometer. I mainly use my Rig for hunting and to and from work no hardcore rock climbing and mudding just too hunting spots and such. I have to figure out which axles I have will get more info as soon as it stops raining outside. Below is a list of what I'm tracking putting on let me know if I need something else or I jacked it up. Not trying to blow the bank either around 3,500 to get it done should be enough correct

1. Tires Pro Comp Xtreme M/T Tire 33x12.50R-15
2. Rims: Series 8179 Black Powder Coat with Diamond Cut Lip Wheel by Pro Comp 15x8 wheel size 5x5-1/2 bolt pattern -19mm offset 3.75 backspacing Load lbs. 2200
3. Wheel Adapter: Wheel Adapters by Spidertrax Converts 5x4-1/2" bolt pattern to 5 on 5 bolt pattern 1 ¼ thick
4. Gear Ratio 3.73: 3.73 Dana 44 Ring and Pinion Kit by Dana Spicer
5. Lift Kit: 3.5" Entry Level Suspension System by Rock Krawler
Buy the correct rims, rather than the wrong rims then adapters to get them on the jeep. AND - that backspacing plus spacers will result in 2.5" backspacing - the tires will be outside the flares by about 4+ inches!

Get 3.5 to 4.5" backspacing wheels (4" is perfect) in the proper 5x4.5" pattern. Save hundreds of $$.

You'll be less than thrilled with 3.73s. Try 4.88s.

#15 · (Edited)
Okay will look at thoose a few people have said that as well thanks. Also erased the wheel spacer kit as well from my list, and added some D I C K Cepek rims with 3 5/8 Backspacing. I will continue to look for different rims, I like the rims that are mostly black with a little metal showing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.