Changing the clutch master/slave assembly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Changing the clutch master/slave assembly

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-23-2011, 07:15 AM   #1
MidTnSahara
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Changing the clutch master/slave assembly

So I need to replace my clutch master cylinder slave cylinder assembly. Figured I would do a write up as I go. Wanted to ask if there was anything special to do while doing this?

So I have the nv3550 5sp in a 2001 sahara 4.0. I was driving down the road and all of a sudden the clutch pedal had NO RESISTANCE. It stayed up but not clutching ability at all. So I pulled over to the side of the road. Started looking things over and saw no fluid in the reservor. Got underneath the jeep and seen clutch fluid everywhere. The line had come loose from the slave cylinder. It is secured with a rolled pin that just pops in but had vibrated out allow the line to just come lose. Well I thought no big deal put it back with a new pin bleed the line and ggod to go. WRONG. The whole assembly is a PREBLED Sealed unit from the factory. So now I ordered a new clutch Master/slave assembly and will be replacing it. I will take pictures and note all tools used. Any thing I should be careful of doing this?

MidTnSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Clean off any brake fluid that may get spilled on painted surfaces.
Don't run out of beer.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #3
NORCALROOTS
1997 TJ Wrangler 

With photos for a AX15 manual transmission.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ho...te-up-1211300/
"For all their faults and all nations have them, the US are a force for good; they have liberal and democratic traditions of which any nation can be proud. I sometimes think it is a good rule of thumb to ask of a country: are people trying to get into it or out of it? It's not a bad guide to what sort of country it is." Tony Blair
NORCALROOTS is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.