ceramic coat header on a jeep tj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ceramic coat header on a jeep tj

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
25greenwrangler
1997 TJ Wrangler 

ceramic coat header on a jeep tj

My 2.5 jeep tj needed a new header so I ordered the pacesetter armor coat header what do you guys think of it? Anything special I should do during installation? I was thinking of tapingit to protect the finish and cleaning it with carb cleaner before the first start.

Unread 07-09-2014, 11:20 AM   #2
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I thought the ceramic coating was there to protect the pipe. Don't see a need to protect the coating. After all. Itís not a show rig, especially with a 4 banger.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
25greenwrangler
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just during installation so I don't scratch the finish oif a tool pr bolt falls on it or is ceramic pretty much scratch proof?
Unread 07-09-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
Neil F.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ceramic is very hard and is not going to scratch.

(IMHO a waste on a Jeep. Ceramic coating benefits are that they will stay nice and silver and not corrode. Nice to have if you have an engine you show off. Ceramic coating is a good insulator and will help keep underhood temps down. Not that important here)
Neil F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2014, 02:55 PM   #5
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil F. View Post
Ceramic is very hard and is not going to scratch.

(IMHO a waste on a Jeep. Ceramic coating benefits are that they will stay nice and silver and not corrode. Nice to have if you have an engine you show off. Ceramic coating is a good insulator and will help keep underhood temps down. Not that important here)
I had my entire exhaust ceramic coated which not only helps keep underhood temps down but it also helped with keeping the floorboards a little cooler. Also, my 16 year old Jeep easily passes Cali emissions and that's with a fat cam. Keeping the cats hot is key to low NOX and the ceramic coating helps by keeping the heat inside the exhaust. Does everyone need it, probably not but if one can afford it, then it does have its benefits.
Robert J. yates is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2014, 05:08 PM   #6
25greenwrangler
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for everything I like to be informed before I tackle a project.
Unread 07-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #7
25greenwrangler
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Got it installed its amazing how much the coating reduces underhood heat!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.