Centering Rear Axle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Centering Rear Axle

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #1
OleBlue73
1973 CJ5 

Centering Rear Axle

I'm in the process of installing my 2" BDS lift on my 2005. I started on and am currently working the rear axle. Springs are in and stabilizer bars are hooks up, but I can't seemed to push the axle far enough to the drivers side to line the lower control arms back up with the frame brackets. What's the trick?

OleBlue73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 08:45 PM   #2
OleBlue73
1973 CJ5 

Doh! I just read the instructions again. Track bar should have been disconnected. I had my mind on control arms.
Unread 01-04-2014, 01:35 PM   #3
durango-bob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Keep all the control arm bolts loose and use a ratchet strap to pull it into place. Once it is on the ground, then tighten all the bolts. If you tighten the bolts with the suspension drooped, you will preload the bushings and they will wear out quickly.
durango-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 01:41 PM   #4
OleBlue73
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by durango-bob
Keep all the control arm bolts loose and use a ratchet strap to pull it into place. Once it is on the ground, then tighten all the bolts. If you tighten the bolts with the suspension drooped, you will preload the bushings and they will wear out quickly.
Once I disconnected the track bar, I was able to get things back together. While on the ground, I see the axle is more to the passenger side than centered. I guess it's due to the factory track bar length with 2" lift.
Unread 01-04-2014, 01:51 PM   #5
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Track bar relocation bracket would fix that.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.