Center Radio Bezel/Console painted black - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Center Radio Bezel/Console painted black

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-10-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
jooosooo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Center Radio Bezel/Console painted black

So I bought Rustoleum Plastic paint because it really does work so well. I bainted the piece that accomodates one cup holder, and the shifter/airbag switch I scuffed it real nice and gave it a nice first coat. Here are pics, I also bought Crystal Clear"" Clear coat I'm wondering once i sand it with fine sand paper and do my 2nd coat if I can apply this clear coat Here are some pix so far

jooosooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #2
jooosooo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Its rustoleum "crystal clear" clear coat ...
Unread 05-11-2008, 09:29 AM   #3
MarineSniper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't clear coat it. I did my half door panels this winter black and clear coated them w/ minway poly acrylic semi gloss. They look awesome. But, if and when they scratch (and they have) you cannot spray the spot to touch up. I did the entire rest of my interior this spring and ran no clearcoat. Simple to touch up, and looks great.
MarineSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2008, 10:32 AM   #4
jooosooo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

What did you use I'm using semi gloss equivalant to krylon fusion by rustoleum ?
Unread 05-11-2008, 11:18 AM   #5
Red_
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooosooo View Post
So I bought Rustoleum Plastic paint because it really does work so well. I bainted the piece that accomodates one cup holder, and the shifter/airbag switch I scuffed it real nice and gave it a nice first coat. Here are pics, I also bought Crystal Clear"" Clear coat I'm wondering once i sand it with fine sand paper and do my 2nd coat if I can apply this clear coat Here are some pix so far

click free. What color was it originally? Stock on mine was a dark gray, "agate"
Red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #6
MarineSniper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I used Rustoleum Textured for Plastic on the door (can't tell because of the clear coat). Krylon Fusion for the rest of the interior. Original color was tan now black. Like I said, the clear coat is nice but touching up and scratches or chips will be tough.
MarineSniper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.