Center dash bezel removal, please help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Center dash bezel removal, please help

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 02-23-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
eadgbe194
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Center dash bezel removal, please help

I am following this write up http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/heater-core-walk-through-pictures-inside-211640/

I have removed the long skinny clip on piece, I can't figure out how to get the center dash bezel off, I don't have an ashtray in the dash that i can remove to get to the screw behind it. any help would be much appriciated.

Thanks

eadgbe194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2007, 05:00 PM   #2
Fox Fader
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Two screws up top by the winsheild
One behind the ashtray (on mine)
Then it pulls off.
Unread 02-23-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
amiller
2005 TJ Wrangler 

yeah, if you dont have an ashtray, just pull (once the top two screws are out. the clips that retain the bezel may stay in the dash, but they aren't too tough to remove and reinstall on the bezel
Unread 02-23-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
ribbitt617

Try not to pull too hard on the top. The littel tray will catch on the HVAC vents. Pull on the bottom to loosen it up first, then lift it up while pulling it out. I bent mine up a little by not paying attention.

'06 Anniversary Edition, Black on Black
ribbitt617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2007, 07:24 AM   #5
eadgbe194
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys, I got it off. Just have to pull REALLY hard. The only screws were the 2 in the top. The clips did stay behind in the dash but i got them out with some needle nosed pliers. Putting it back on went much smoother.
Unread 02-24-2007, 07:28 AM   #6
ptowntj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Just remember how easy that is to remove when you decide to leave your faceplate on for the night!

Really though, you were able to access the two screws that are up top, mine were buried underneath the dash piece, and in my frustrations and ended up breaking them off, but the alarm installer had already busted it up pretty good. I guess it must be only my jeep, but I don't see how one could get a screwdriver in that gap. Congrats
Unread 02-24-2007, 07:46 AM   #7
eadgbe194
2006 TJ Wrangler 

the top dash piece was only held on with 5 clips so I just used a flat tip screwdriver to pop it off, then it's just 2 screws that you can very easily get to on the top of the dash. But pulling the center bezel off without bending/breaking it was a huge pain. I have the factory radio so I'm not too worried about someone stealing it, it did come with sirius but you'd never know by looking at it, and if someone takes it then I get to buy a new head unit and a tuffy overhead console

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.