Catalytic converter question - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Catalytic converter question

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 05-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #16
smotrs
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Been a while so I thought I would give an update.

I ended up going with the dealer cat. A vendor I'm working with needed as close to oem so they could get before and after numbers on a dyno. So I gave the ok for them to order and install the oem cat.

After all was said and done and they sent the parts off to CARB for approval I went to pick it up. Total cost, $0.

Unread 05-29-2011, 10:24 PM   #17
HELLSUNICORN

Be warned because a lot of the aftermarket cats are not legal in California. They may not pass an emissions test.
HELLSUNICORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 10:33 PM   #18
smotrs
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, I know. In this case, its an OEM cat from the dealer in our area. I originally wanted to get an after market, but for the testing they wanted to do, they needed factory. So they bought it from the Jeep dealer. Invoice showed about $1.1k with no charge to customer.
Unread 05-30-2011, 06:57 AM   #19
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smotrs View Post
Been a while so I thought I would give an update.

I ended up going with the dealer cat. A vendor I'm working with needed as close to oem so they could get before and after numbers on a dyno. So I gave the ok for them to order and install the oem cat.

After all was said and done and they sent the parts off to CARB for approval I went to pick it up. Total cost, $0.
$0 is a good price.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 08:03 AM   #20
smotrs
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman

$0 is a good price.
I thought so. I was expecting to pay at least labor. But it worked out even better.

Shaun

Sent from my PC36100 using JeepForum
Unread 05-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #21
Peezi
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ya, that is a good cost, I recently paid about $250 for a aftermarket cat and muffler designed to increase gas mileage and put it on myself. I noticed that I get much better gas milage driving in the mountains (2-3 MPG) and just a little better gas milage driving in the city (.5-1 MPG). Since my car had 200k miles I figured getting rid of the originals was a good bet.

The downsides? The muffler is about as loud as before (although its a deeper, controlled rumble now, before it was just loud and rattily) and the jeep sometimes vibrates when in neutral at a stop light. I don't like the vibrations, I might just need to tighten up some screws on the dash to resolve, we'll see.

Good luck with the testing.
Peezi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat , catalytic converter , emissions , exhaust

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.