Catalytic Converter Problems on 97 TJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Catalytic Converter Problems on 97 TJ

ENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTIEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSmittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-13-2010, 05:53 AM   #16
dustinsspace
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THCHAD View Post
I have a 97 TJ I6 also that had the same exact issue.... I used a torch and a ton of elbow grease trying to get the cat seperated from the muffler with no luck. I eventually went with the Magnaflow Cat (which includes the downpipe from the manifold) and the Dynomax cat-back. Simple install after taking the saws-all to the old exhaust to get it out. I ended up getting all my parts locally. Got the Magnaflow at Oreilly's and the cat-back at Advanced Auto. They matched the online price for me so it was a no brainer.

The $75 rebate is just the icing on the cake. I have had the system on a for a couple of months and couldn't be happier.

Chad
Hey thx Chad, I have decided to go with the same setup to avoid problems with the cat's O2 senser and stay legal Now im just waiting for the parts in the mail so I can install them!

dustinsspace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #17
cheech66
2006 LJ Wrangler 

It looks I need to do this cat and muffler replacement any new deals you all are aware of? I need to have it done to pass inspection which is up at the end of the month so any help would be much appreciated!!!
cheech66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #18
Dogman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just did mine about 6 weeks ago. Best price I could find on the Magnaflow pipe/cat was on Amazon. Then, I went with a Walker muffler and tail pipe. Everything shipped was about $230. It installed easily and it's been very nice.

Tags
stock , replace , replacement , catalytic converter , cat , problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.