Cat back systems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Cat back systems

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 03-22-2008, 12:48 AM   #1
Keil1016
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Cat back systems

hello all,

looking for a cat back system for an 04 tj 4.0. I originally wanted a flowmaster, but it seems they dont make it for this year? looking for something somewhat aggressive but no too over the top, anyone have suggestions? much appreciated! Somewhat of a budget, Borla looks nice, but the price on some of those systems is kinda steep, input would be great!

Unread 03-22-2008, 01:02 AM   #2
dae03TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i got a high flow cat with false muffler, that looks like a glass pack but it just 3" pipe, sounds good a idle up to 5800 rpm, it gets kinda ricy above that but off road you dont usually go much more then 3. it was only $30, but i already had the cat.
Unread 03-22-2008, 01:15 AM   #3
WILLY348
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keil1016 View Post
hello all,

looking for a cat back system for an 04 tj 4.0. I originally wanted a flowmaster, but it seems they dont make it for this year?
That is such bs.. i went to a shop and they tryed to pull that **** on me.. they said that i could only go with a super 44 and not a original 40 like i wanted. So i went to another shop and the guy couldnt stop wondering why he coudlnt just take and make an S pipe and weld it all up. Thats all that needed to be done to correct the in/out problem i had. This is the issue they are probably running into and saying that "they dont make it" for your jeeps particular year. I'd say just go to another shop

Just ask them the concept of an S pipe
WILLY348 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2008, 08:05 AM   #4
ftdranger
2006 LJ Wrangler 

EXHAUST SYSTEMS, STAINLESS W/CHROME TIPS Wrangler SWB-LWB 04-06
Code: 94409116
Price: $214.95
Quantity in Basket: none

Jeepsareus.com, This is a Borola system good price too.

http://www.jeepsareus.com/Merchant2/...Store_Code=JAU
Unread 03-22-2008, 08:13 AM   #5
truckin88
2006 TJ Wrangler 

BANKS, if you wait they have awesome sales on them from time to time

RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #442
truckin88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2008, 02:27 PM   #6
revshredd
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I put a banks on mine and it is awesome!
revshredd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2008, 03:12 PM   #7
randonlee25
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have a Magna-Flow Cat Back and really like it. Low pitch and when I rev up it sounds great but not over-powering by any means.
randonlee25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #8
ancestralworm
there will be crying

2000 TJ Wrangler 

i have the gibson. not rice, not redneck, just enough.
Black Jeep Society victim#19

"The Jeep is America's only real sports car" - Enzo Ferrari

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
ancestralworm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.