cat back or high flow cat plus cat back - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > cat back or high flow cat plus cat back

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-25-2005, 01:02 PM   #1
willtjx

cat back or high flow cat plus cat back

i want to know the advantages and which one is better. i really like the sound of the flowmaster 50 and i have heard great things about the magnaflow high flow cast. is it going to make any difference if i get the high flow cat or not

willtjx

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=2]Blue Jeep Club Member #94[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Patriot Blue 2002 Wrangler Model X
33x12.5 Pro-Comp Mud Terrains on 15x7 black steel rims
RE 3.5" SF kit
Flowmaster50
willtjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2005, 01:12 PM   #2
RubiconSS

In any motor the only way any intake/exhaust mod matters is if you do the entire chain. One or two stops along the way is a waste of $$ unless its intended to be completed at some point. Even then I'd garage the parts and do everything all at once along with a PCM remapping.

p.s. If you end up deciding to do so. Magnaflow is one of the best, if not the best.
Unread 07-25-2005, 04:20 PM   #3
willtjx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconSS
In any motor the only way any intake/exhaust mod matters is if you do the entire chain.
but am i going to see any difference if i leave the stock cat on vs a high flow? i just cant see spending the money on the banks torque tubes right now since my headers are still in tact.
RE 3.5" SF kit
Flowmaster50
Unread 07-25-2005, 08:17 PM   #4
willtjx

i am going to get a magnaflow high flow cat and flowmaster 50. when my header cracks, which i am sure it will, then i can finish the exhaust. ill let you know what i think. should be done tomorrow night

will
RE 3.5" SF kit
Flowmaster50

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.