Can't locate "Switched" and "unswitched" wire leads behind the glove box on 04 TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Can't locate "Switched" and "unswitched" wire leads behind the glove box on 04 TJ

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-02-2004, 09:11 PM   #1
Sparty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Can't locate "Switched" and "unswitched" wire leads behind the glove box on 04 TJ

I'm trying to install a CB in my Jeep, and for the life of me, I can't find the "Switched" and "unswitched" wire leads behind the glove box n(should be marked with a paper tag). I read tons of reviews and want to hook it up this way, but I can't find the wires.

Anyone familiar with this, or have an idea of what's going on?

and I apologize in advance if this is a bonehead oversight and I'm too tired to realize it

thanks

Unread 04-03-2004, 06:27 AM   #2
quadna71
2001 XJ Cherokee 

sorry sparty,
we don't get that lucky anymore. i think that they stopped putting those two wires back behind the glovebox in 2002. my old '00 had them and my girlfriend's '01 has them....but my '03 does not. to be honest with you i think you should run the hot wire all the way into the engine bay and directly to the battery (keeping the fuse inline of course). you'll get the best possible signal. i opted to run my ground out there also and bolted it near the battery. a couple of feet of black wiring loom and some zipties later and you can't see the wires at all good luck
chris

2003 TJ Sport - sold, 2000 TJ Sport - sold
1993 XJ Sport - totaled, 1987 XJ Laredo - sold
1987 XJ Chief - sold, 1953 CJ-3B - sold
quadna71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2004, 08:32 AM   #3
blupupher

I have not found them in my '02, but someone said thet they are there, but are tucked into the larger harness to the left of the fuse box. I have not looked on mine yet, but you may check there.
blupupher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2004, 01:23 PM   #4
Dragonmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blupupher
I have not found them in my '02, but someone said thet they are there, but are tucked into the larger harness to the left of the fuse box. I have not looked on mine yet, but you may check there.
They told me that on my 02 as well, but after looking and rpobing for a day, I couldn't find them. You can run to the fuse box under the hood if you want switched power, and just use one of the empty slots that will have switched power supplied to it.
Work 2 Live, Live 2 Play, Play = JEEP
Dragonmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2004, 01:24 PM   #5
Sparty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for the replies guys....

I actually made it a lot easier on myself and went to the shak and picked up a cigarette lighter adapter that I can plug the wires into. Works great.

shoulda thought of that sooner

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.