Can't get my key to turn in the cylinder - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Can't get my key to turn in the cylinder

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 01-22-2014, 08:29 PM   #1
zgravity
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Can't get my key to turn in the cylinder

This is a good one.
I started up my Jeep to move it then turned it off and to pull the key out you have to push the button on the side of the column to release the key in the cylinder. I have the column apart so I can remove the damn thing so now I'm wondering if there is a fix out side of buying a new ignition switch actuator pin as it looks like that button is connected to that. Better yet is there a way to just eliminate that push button all together? If so How do I do it?
Can't do it right now as it's just too damn cold here like 5 degrees without the wind chill.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.