Cant get doors off. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Cant get doors off.

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 07-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
chiefdlane
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Cant get doors off.

Just got a 2002 Wrangler (TJ?) and I can not get the doors off. My 86 CJ came right off with a lift of the door. I understand there are supposed to be nuts on the bottom of the pins but I can't find any. I'm about ready to get the sawz all out. Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

chiefdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
bdmead01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Take the nuts off of the hinges and lift up. The fit may be a little more snug than you are used to w/ a CJ, so working the door back and forth as you lift will help.
bdmead01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
wl07
2005 LJ Wrangler 

sounds like he doesnt have the nuts on the door pins. i would try to gently hit them up with a hammer to start with to see if they loosen up. The first time i took my doors off it was a little tight but the more you take them off the easier they are to take off.
wl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 04:10 PM   #4
cidd
2001 XJ Cherokee 

mine was a pain the first time I took them off to just keep at it wiggel and pull up at the same time and sooner or later theyll fly off .
cidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefdlane View Post
I understand there are supposed to be nuts on the bottom of the pins but I can't find any.
the nuts have paint on them, and are kind of rounded off (because of the paint). One on the bottom of each hinge (facing downward). They don't look like nuts because of the paint. If you see threads on the bottom of each hinge, then they are already off, nothing else securing the doors on but friction.

Once you have them off, the door should lift right off. My driver side door came off with the first tug. My passenger side door took a few good pulls (and opening and closing the door a little bit inbetween each pull) to get it off, for some reason it was tighter then the driver side (they've never been pulled off by the previous owner). If yours haven't ever been pulled off, they may be tight too? But the only thing securing it on is the 4 painted nuts (two on each door).
Unread 07-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #6
bxpig0341
2002 XJ Cherokee 

i fired a few rounds of buckshot at mine and they came right off
bxpig0341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #7
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

get some muscles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door , door removal , stuck , tj , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.