Can't decide! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Can't decide!

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-08-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
MTSkull
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Can't decide!

My goal is for a better riding LJ. I'm currently runnig a 4" lift with 33's and stock control arms. I bought the LJ that way. I did buy a adjustable front track arm which helped with the bump steer. Well I've been driving it that way for too long. I know the best option would be to put to go with a new complete long arm kit but I don't think it is a option. Besides it would be a waste as I don't do any extreme rock crwaling. So I'm thinking of a upgrade such as Rusty's kit. But to do it right I don't have the money for.
So my question is, if I was to change to adjustable control arms would I gain enough of a better ride to make it worth it? Or do I keep on saving my money?

MTSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
ScottHarr_TJ
2010 WK 

the short arms may make it a better ride. The longarms are definitely your best bet here, but with new adjustable control arms you can stretch the wheelbase back out to normal and gain a little bit better ride. invest in some better shocks like the OMEs and a stabilizer. but if you are not going to be doing much off-roading, i wouldnt drop 2 grand on longarms. just remember, its a jeep not a Cadillac, they never ride good, but thats how you can tell your driving.
Blue Jeep Club Memeber #132?
My Custom Back Seat Box Build
ScottHarr_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
otisdog
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Better shocks might help a lot. If you are going to do control arms you are looking at a big expense for probably little gain in the comfort area. Good control arms are expensive. Something like the JKS uses factory bushings on both ends for ride quality and twist on the adjusting threads for better flex.
Don't spend a dime on control arms that are stiff without a flex joint of some kind.
Jim
Unread 03-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
outlawjosywales
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisdog View Post
Better shocks might help a lot. If you are going to do control arms you are looking at a big expense for probably little gain in the comfort area. Good control arms are expensive. Something like the JKS uses factory bushings on both ends for ride quality and twist on the adjusting threads for better flex.
Don't spend a dime on control arms that are stiff without a flex joint of some kind.
Jim
i've got the jks adjustables. pricey but way to go if you're going to stay with a short arm kit
Unread 03-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #5
MTSkull
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I only had 3 choices for control arms, Currie, JKS and RE. I just don't want to spend $1000 and wish I had a LA. I never thought about the shocks maybe I should start there.
MTSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #6
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Trade it in for this.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.