Can a TJ owner show me a picture of the inside of their TJ door. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Can a TJ owner show me a picture of the inside of their TJ door.

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 07-19-2006, 07:32 PM   #1
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
Web Wheeler

Can a TJ owner show me a picture of the inside of their TJ door.

I need the see the system that rolls up windows. I wanted to take a picture I mine but my camera is busted... so I can't offer it for comparison...

NEWtoTHEjeepLIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 08:19 PM   #2
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

1999 TJ Wrangler 

i thought i could help you out and post the diagram in the FSM....... but there isn't one that i can find.

sorry.

lj
Unread 07-19-2006, 08:30 PM   #3
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
Web Wheeler

yeah I know it's weird out there... I couldn't find it??? Haynes basicly acted like jeeps don't have windows...
Unread 07-19-2006, 10:14 PM   #4
Dolfy
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Does this help ya?

reg2.jpg

reg1.jpg
Blue Jeep Club member #170

Thought for the day:
Some people are like Slinkies... They don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a huge smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.......
Dolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 10:30 PM   #5
silver97tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

hi try this one, hope it helps......

cool beat me to it...

probably different year fsms by the look of fig numbers....
Support our Troops!! Thank You!!!
silver97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2006, 10:25 AM   #6
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
Web Wheeler

I think I might have broken them already.... We'll see.
Unread 07-20-2006, 10:30 AM   #7
limecoconut

I wish it really slid out that easily...my manual cranks were a PITA to get out and even worse to manipulate a power crank into. The black sealant on the plastic weather guard is awful as well.
limecoconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2006, 10:48 AM   #8
iridium
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Are you converting to power windows? If so could you let us know how it goes I am interested in making my full steel doors power operable but have no idea how difficult it is going to be.

When you were working on your door did you take it completely apart or are you working through the tiny opening?
iridium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2006, 11:08 AM   #9
limecoconut

I switched mine over, it will sound nuts but you will spend 1-2 hours per door. A1 electric is the kit I used and its direct bolt on replacement for the manual cranks. The setup is clean and works perfectly. The only real issue aside from getting the power cranks around the cable guides for the locks was the fusebox. They want you to pull the entire box and flip it over to splice in lines but there just isnt a whole lot of room to work. In addition the wire they marked as a +20amp switched is wrong, I think I wound up using the one next to it which was pink.
limecoconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2006, 03:32 PM   #10
BlueFlame
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I did a universal kit, the kind that goes over the shafts. It was a snap to install the drives. But I redid the switch wiring to make room in them to put the switch boxes over the shafts, that was a real job! But it worked and looks clean.

BlueFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2006, 05:49 PM   #11
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
Web Wheeler

I have power windows. I want to go back to stock. I hate them with a passion. I liked them for a week but now they are more hassle than they are worth and they make my doors a ***** to take off and put on. All around they add time to my journeys and complication to my jeep. Also they are just another thing that is not in my control and vulnerable to water. NOT for MY jeep.
Unread 07-20-2006, 06:36 PM   #12
Erik T.
2001 TJ Wrangler 

My door handle pops out of the passenger door everytime I slam it or go over a big/lots of bumps.

Not completely, but the rectangle part sticks out and I have to push it back in.

I'm tempted to just JB Weld it back to the door. The handle works fine, just that big rectangle piece is loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Hack work? :rofl: You just described half the modified jeeps on this board.
Erik T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2006, 07:00 PM   #13
kearns
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atla
My door handle pops out of the passenger door everytime I slam it or go over a big/lots of bumps.

Not completely, but the rectangle part sticks out and I have to push it back in.

I'm tempted to just JB Weld it back to the door. The handle works fine, just that big rectangle piece is loose.

isn't that just a matter of hammering the little wedges behind the handle in farther?
kearns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2006, 08:21 PM   #14
Erik T.
2001 TJ Wrangler 

What little wedges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Hack work? :rofl: You just described half the modified jeeps on this board.
Erik T. is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.