Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

can't find a definitive answer to this question??

958 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Jerry Bransford 
#1 ·
I remember reading somewhere that heim joints, or other similar joints in the suspension and so forth are not so conducive to mud?? Is this assumption right. I am looking to upgrade lots of the suspension and steering components in the near future, however much of my wheeling often consists of mud holes as well as rocky trail sections. What should I go with?? Any suggestions?

thanks in advance,

--Matt

#2 ·
Hiem joints are fine as long as you keep them VERY well greased (like tahe a grease gun with you) because they are not sealed. they will squeak and grind and wear out pretty quick.

for like control arms you could use the currie johnny joints they are sealed better. but they can get expensive
heres the link

#3 ·
Yea I have looked into the Johnnie joints but they are so expensive!! I am kinda torn here b/c the stock joints and bushings have served me so well for many miles I hate to take them off and put something completely different in and not have it perform as well. I guess that's why I asked the question and I hope that some more experience guys who run the same terrain as I will chime in with what they are running and what works for them. I should also stress that this Jeep is and will be my daily driver for a LONG time. Thanks again,

--Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.