Can I use 02 TJ Mirrors on an 04 TJ or possibly change them? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Can I use 02 TJ Mirrors on an 04 TJ or possibly change them?

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 05-27-2014, 07:11 AM   #1
Jester675
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Can I use 02 TJ Mirrors on an 04 TJ or possibly change them?

Is there a way to either switch, change or just use 97-02 TJ mirrors on a 2004 TJ Wrangler? the stock mirrors are horrible to adjust and do not give me the visual range that my 2000 jeep mirrors did. I am not sure what they changed but they changed something.

Jester675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2014, 07:14 AM   #2
apaTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

When my 99 tj got hit by a tree the sg
apaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2014, 07:15 AM   #3
catmechanic
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, they changed the plastic cover and the mounts, but the bolt pattern is the same. Only issue is if you only change one side then they won't match, but they are a direct swap.
catmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2014, 07:15 AM   #4
apaTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The shop replaced the mirrors with the newer plastic ones. So I'd assume they would fit.
apaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2014, 07:22 AM   #5
Jester675
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok I thought the bolt pattern looked the same but I didn't want to chance it and buy an older set if I couldn't use them. I will be changing both sides since the new ones won't move in and as I can see very well around me I can't see anything that is directly behind me and it makes my blind spot HUGE. next stop new mirror purchase.
Jester675 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.