Can I get some cheese with my Whine? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Can I get some cheese with my Whine?

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 10-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
esynol
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Can I get some cheese with my Whine?

Hey All,
I have a whine in 1st through 3rd gear. It only happens when I am in gear and have the clutch out. If I have the clutch in or its in neutral, it dose not whine

I thought I would of fixed my whine after filling up my trans and transfer case after replacing some leaky seals. I drove it around today, thinking maybe some oil needed to be worked into the whining part, but it is still whining.

Any thoughts?

I have an ax-15 trans and a Np 231 transfercase

esynol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
mukluk
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Are you sure the whine is coming from the transmission or transfer case? Could the noise possibly be coming from your rear differential?
mukluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
esynol
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yea, i think so, because when i push in the clutch, the whining stops, but I will check my levels tomorrow. Thanks
Unread 10-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
esynol
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Bump, I just topped off my diffs, so the whine is not that. I then put my transfer case into neutral, and the whine was still there, so i guess it has to be a bearing in there

Tags
transfer case , transmission noise , whining noise

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.