Camshaft Position Sensor? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Camshaft Position Sensor?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-08-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
04TJSport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Camshaft Position Sensor?

Mine went out yesterday and i took one out of a WJ and now it starts but the motor is now missing and sounds like crap is there a way to adjust the sensor or something i had to put the one from the wj in till my new comes in from the states it sucks being in germany and no parts stores. i'm going to replace the spark plugs tonight and see if that helps but is there anything else i can do there are no codes.

04 TJ 3 in. BL 2in. CS 4.88 power inverter CAI snorkel

Silver Jeep Club Number 23
04TJSport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2009, 08:02 AM   #2
steve2n
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I had to "tweak" mine after doing a cam swap... I had the whole assembly out.

It went something like this:
- It should end up with the connector facing the back of the engine. It rotates slightly when the gear meshes with the cam shaft when the assembly is inserted.
- Since it is running you can loosen the locking clamp and rotate it while it is running. Go one way until it stumbles, go the other way until it stumbles, then set it in the middle of those two locations and lock it down.
- Do this all with the engine warmed up.

Worked for me.
steve2n is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2009, 08:15 AM   #3
04TJSport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

ok i will try that as of right now it is facing the back but against the block so i will play with it some more then.

Unread 07-10-2009, 02:03 AM   #4
04TJSport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

just an update. I put all new plugs in and replaced the spark bar with one out of a WJ and now she runs like new.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.